Tanaka Ryuonsuke || I Can't Make You Love Me

turn down the lights

turn down the bed

turn down these voices inside my head

lay down with me

tell me no lies

just hold me close, don't patronize

don't patronize me

"Ryu, come here," (y/n) shouted from her room. The lights were off and she was laying on her bed, covering her face with her arm. 

"Yeah (y/n)?" The girl sat up, her eyes red and teary. "Do you love me?" 

Her question threw the boy off. When he failed to respond, she laughed. And it wasn't one of those cute ones, it was a bitter and cold one.  "I knew it." 

"(y/n)--"

"But I don't care. Just lay here with me for a bit." She patted the spot next to her. "The whole time we've been dating, you've never once told me 'I love you.'"

Tanaka kept silent, listening to the girl.

'cause i can't make you love me

you can't make your heart feel something it won't

here in the dark, in these final hours

i will lay down my heart, and i'll feel the power

but you won't, no you won't

'cause i can't make you love me if you don't 

"I can't do this much longer, Ryu. But just for tonight, I want you to be here with me." Tanaka felt himself tear up. He didn't know if he loved (y/n), but he did knew that he didn't want to lose her. She was irreplaceable. 

"I remember when I first saw you. It was the first day of our first year here. Everything was like a dream at first. We were inseparable and I fell for you so quickly. But I never could tell if you liked me or loved me."

The wing spiker felt warm tears on his arm. He remembered everything. She confessed to him and he immediately accepted it. They grew to be a strong couple. It was true. Tanaka thought back to their first date. 

They were supposed to meet in a park, but Tanaka messed up and went to the wrong park, so when he got to the right one, (y/n) was sitting on a bench, cherry blossoms falling around her. She looked like a goddess in that moment. 

He was mesmerized by everything that she did, from the way her nose crinkled when she was cold to her laugh. Everything came to him as he lay with her. 

"I love you, (y/n)."