Ukai Keishin || 10 Years

Keishin Ukai x Reader

You will be Nekomata's granddaughter in this chapter! 

"(First name), can you go drop something off for your grandfather?" your mother asked from the kitchen. Getting off the couch, you sighed. "Ok."

Apparently, your grandfather needed some medicine, so you were to go to the gym at your old high school. As you walked into the gym, all eyes landed on you. 

Having a voluptuous body,  (h/l) (h/c) hair, and almond-shaped eyes, you were a natural beauty. You had a quiet nature and that made you all the more appealing. The teenage boys couldn't help but stare. 

 "Ah, (f/n)-chan! Come here!" Searching through all the faces, you spotted your grandpa. "Do you have the stuff?" 

In the process of walking over with the medicine, one of the teens ran up to you. "Hello, my name is Kuroo Tetsuro. May I ask why you're here?"

"Eww," you thought, "is he hitting on me?" You were about to tell him off but Nekomata beat you to it. "Hey Kuroo, what are you doing hitting on my granddaughter?! She's way outta your league! Plus, she's almost 10 years older than you!" 

Your grandpa was rather protective of his only granddaughter. Since middle school, you have had confessions from boys and girls, and Nekomata was always shielding you from having a significant other. 

"EHH!" The whole team was surprised at this new development. 

"Here grandpa." Handing him the medicine, you turned to leave. "Wait! (First name)-chan, will you stay? Your old grandpa needs some company. Nodding your head, you sat down next to him and Naoi. 

"Hello (f/n), nice to see you again." Smiling at Naoi you responded with some small talk. "Who are they?" 

A group of boys walked in. You assumed they were another team, and you were right. "They're Karasuno, remember? Do you remember Ikkei Ukai, my rival." Nekomata took it as a yes when your face lightened up a bit. 

"Old man Ukai? Yes, I recall him." 

Naoi cut in saying, "That's the team he coached. Their new coach is his grandson." He nudged your shoulder hoping you would think back and remember when the three of you were in high school. 

"Wait here (f/n), we have to go introduce ourselves. Why don't you come too? You'll be able to see Keishin." You nodded in agreement and you stood up with Naoi. 

Keishin and Takeda-sensei watched as Naoi walked with a very attractive woman towards them. "Huh? Is that-" 

"Hey, Keishin! Nice to see you! How long has it been?" Naoi shook his old friend's hand as you smiled. 

"Hello Keishin, remember me?" 

Of course, he remembered you. Ever since Keishin met you, he was in love. He only grew to love you more when he actually got to know you. Even though you didn't talk that much, you were the most unique and beautiful person he had ever met. When senior year came around, the three of you had to start thinking about your future plans. 

He wanted you to be part of his future but was always too scared to confess and so he gave up. What he didn't know was that you had also liked him and was waiting for his confession. You were afraid to ruin your friendship, so you kept quiet. To this day, the two of you still had the burning compassion for each other, and that flame never died. 

"What's with your hair now?" you teased. The Karasuno team watched as their coaches face burned red. 

"Hey, Kageyama, who do you think that is? It looks like Coach knows her." Hearing this you looked at the boy who said this. You smiled and waved at the two first years, making them both turn into blushing messes. 

After the practice match

When the match was over, Keishin made a final decision. Even if it was too late, he needed to let you know his feelings. "Hey (f/n) do you mind talking to me after we're done cleaning up?" Smiling you agreed and were hoping he would confess, even if it was a foolish idea. 

"So, Keishin, what did you wanna talk about?" The pair of you were outside the gym, away from everyone else. 

"Well, I need to tell you something. For 10 years, I've loved you. You are the most beautiful woman, inside and out. I've wanted to confess since high school, but I was so scared of rejection and so I never told you, but none of that matters now."

 Time stopped. Your heart beat faster and faster by the second. "Keishin," you had to do it. You had to tell him you loved him too. "I feel the same way." The smile on your face was the most genuine smile you had ever shown to anyone. You walked up to each other, softly closing the gap between your lips. 

"I love you too."

Ugh... That had to have been the worst one-shot so far..

Coming up next: Kenma Kozume