Bokuto Kotaro || Forgiven

Part 2 of Sorry

Bokuto sat on his bed, looking back at everything. When he saw you at the high school reunion 3 years prior, his life shattered into millions of pieces. 

In the end, he was too scared to go to your wedding. He had never talked to you since. 

"Hey Bokuto, you got something in the mail!" Kuroo shouted from the front of their apartment. Looking down at the white envelope, he couldn't help but notice your name. Especially your last name. 

"Hurry!" Bokuto lazily walked to his bed head friend. As Kuroo handed him the letter, his eyes widened at the name of the sender. "(First name)..." 

Ripping it open, the gray-haired man read it out loud. "Dear Bokuto. I'm sure you know who this is. I'm in town and was wondering if you'd like to get coffee one day? Well, I hope you get this soon enough. I'll be here for the whole week. Feel free to call me, if you still have my number. From, (First name)." 

Kuroo watched as Bokuto ran to his room. When he ran back, he had his cell phone in hand, and was dialing what he was guessing was (First name)'s number. 

"Hi (First name)! It's me Kotaro. Are you still in town? Yes? Ok, can we meet at (Favorite restaurant)? Ok, I'll see you then? Bye." As soon as he got off the phone, Bokuto jumped up and down. 

"So? I'm guessing you're meeting her soon?" Bokuto nodded as smiled. 

"We're meeting for lunch tomorrow at noon." Kuroo, being the teaser he is, decided to play around a bit. "Well, you do realize that she's married, right?" 

A sad smile played onto Bokuto's face. "I realize that, but I just want her to be happy. I don't care if she's over me, I just wanna see her." A long arm draped around his shoulder as the taller male ruffed up his hair. 

"Well, just have fun." Nodding, Bokuto smiled. 

The next day 

Upon entering (Favorite restaurant), Bokuto immediately spotted your (hair length) (hair color) hair. "(First name)!"

Your head turned at the sound of your ex-lover's voice. "Bokuto!" As you walked over to him, you gave him a small hug. 

Pulling away, you smiled. "It's so nice to see you again!" Bokuto sheepishly scratched his head. 

"You too! Shall we sit down and order?" You nodded and the two of you sat down. 

"So how have you been? How's your husband? I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your wedding." When your smile turned into a frown, Bokuto knew something wasn't right. 

"Actually, after a year of marriage, I found out he was having an affair with one of his co-workers. We got divorced after I found out." Looking at your ring finger, he didn't see the band, and somehow he felt relieved. 

"A-Anyways, how about you? You have a girlfriend?" The male shook his head. 'Here's my chance to get her back.'

"(First name)," the mood suddenly became serious, "I know that we dated a while ago, but I have always loved you. I know I cheated, but I have regretted that ever since my lips touched her's. I know you probably are sick of men by now, but I'm asking for a second chance. I know I'm selfish, but I just can't get over you." 

He watched as your cheeks turned bright red, his golden eyes met your (eye color) ones. "B-Bokuto," you stuttered. "I have been cheated on, heartbroken and depressed because of you," Bokuto's heart sped up as he prepared for the bad news, "yet I still think I can give you a second chance." 

Bokuto never knew that someone could have as much compassion as this (hair color) goddess that sat in front of him. "(F-First name), t-thank you." 

You smiled at him as you both stood up and embraced each other. "You are forgiven."