[Chapter Five] Addison

Start from the beginning

He was trying to earn my trust, and he wanted me to open up to him, but the question is why. Why does he even bother with me?

We must have laid there for at least two hours. And I was shocked that he didn't try to talk to me. The only reason we moved was because we were both super uncomfortable.

We sat up, and sat with our legs crossed facing each other, still about five feet apart. It should have been awkward just to sit with someone for hours and stare at each other, but it wasn't.

I looked at my phone, and it said it was three thirty. We still had a couple hours before we needed to get home for dinner.

"Will you take me here again?" I asked him and he smiled

"As long as it's out secret" I liked the sound of that, a secret only us two shared.

"Thank you for showing me this. I haven't felt this calm and happy in a long time" I told him because I knew he wouldn't push. He nodded.

"Anytime. I'll take you to the field next, you'll love it. It's just amazing" He got a far off look on his face

"I look forward to it." we sat there for another hour and a half talking about anything, but nothing important. I didn't ask him personal questions because that would just be wrong of me when I wasn't going to reveal anything about myself, so I never asked a question I wouldn't want to answer.

We walked back to Sadie and Hadley and I put my foot in and hoisted myself up.

"I'm impressed, for someone who's never ridden before, you're pretty good at it" he spoke and I smiled at the compliment before we returned back to the house in the same peaceful silence that's been surrounding us since we headed out hours ago.

It was just as bright, and I took in everything like I'd never seen it before. I was already falling in love with this place, and it was going to be horrible when I had to leave and go back to the city. But I just got here and I refused to let those thoughts bring me down.

When we returned to the barn, everyone was already out setting up dinner, and I slid off Sadie and gave her a kiss on the nose before Liam took them in and got everything off so they could be free. I would hate to have that thing on me in this heat at all, let alone for a long period of time.

"Addison honey, you ready for dinner?" my Aunt called out to me and I smiled at her; a genuine smile, and walked to the table and took my seat, and Liam slid into the one in front of me.

"You look like you got a bit too much sun honey" Auntie said

"I'll make sure to put on sun screen tomorrow." I signed knowing that someone would tell her what I said, and I was right when Liam's mom repeated it for me.

Dinner was nice, and for a moment I let myself believe that I was just happy and enjoying a great day with a friend and an amazing dinner with my family.

That lasted until I got up to my room for bed, and instantly it all fell away, and I was back in the dark place again that I knew I would always be in.

I lay down in my bed and cried, and that patch I built over my heart today ripped and I felt pain in my chest for everything that's happened for the past two years. And that pain only stopped when my body wore itself out, and I had successfully cried myself to sleep.

I was screaming and kicking until I broke free and made a run for it, but it was hard to run when all I could focus on was the pain, I tasted the metallic taste of blood from the gash on my forehead, the sound of footsteps made me run faster, my legs were barley carrying me now, but I wasn't going to let that stop me.

Something hit me from behind and my face smacked into the ground and that's when things got fuzzy. I kicked and screamed and fought for dear life, but it wasn't enough. It's never enough.

I woke up screaming again. And I was gasping for air I desperately needed. I looked frantically around me and my hand shot to my head. When there was no pain I started to calm down, realizing where I was. I was fine. But I could still taste the blood in my mouth and my heart hurt just the same as it did that day.

Someone busted through the door and I screamed and pushed myself to the corner, my knees up and my face hidden. I was shaking when the light came on.

Someone walked over and sat down, they reached out for me and I whimpered and started shaking when skin made contact with mine, the hand was immediately withdrawn.

"Oh Addison, baby" a soft voice said and I looked up to see my Aunt standing there with my uncle behind her. I looked over to see Kalila and Asher standing in the doorway.

If I wasn't so terrified I could laugh at the site. Asher was in superman boxers and nothing else, and Kalila's hair was everywhere, that added to the fact she was wearing a matching Tinker Bell shorts and tank top pajama set. They were really a site to see.

But when I looked between all of them they all had the same worried look on their face. Asher gave me a small smile before dragging Kalila away.

"Are you okay?" Auntie asked and I nodded ad wiped my eyes. I could tell that she wanted to ask more, but sighed and nodded. She and Uncle Ethan walked to the door.

"I'll be right back" she told me and then I was alone and I let out a relieved breath.

A couple minutes later she came back with Keisha, and seemed to pick up on the tension in the room and whimpered. When he was set on my bed he came over to me and crawled in my lap. He stood on his hind legs and put his paws on my chest and licked my face making me giggle.

I lay down and brought the little puppy with me, I looked at auntie and mouthed 'thank you' to her, and she gave a small smile and shut the lights off before softly closing the door.

I had my arms wrapped around Keisha, and he didn't seem to care, the little thing fell right asleep, and I followed.

I woke up to the bright sun and sighed, thank god I didn't have another nightmare. Keisha was looking at me curiously and I laughed, he was too cute. I scooped him up and brought him outside, I'm sure he needed a bathroom and other pups to play with.

Just as I turned around to go back inside, Liam was hopping the fence to come over, and the bright smile on his face put a small smile on mine.

"Want to go to the field today after you eat?" he asked and I shook my head sadly, I just wasn't in the mood today. I walked in the house and straight to my room and lay down, and that's how I spent my day. No one forced me to come down, and when Liam brought up food, and I asked for space he looked sad but agreed, and I felt really bad.

"How about the field tomorrow?" I asked when he brought up dinner for me and his face brightened.

"Perfect, we can go after breakfast. Make sure to grab sun screen"

"I'm sure between the two of us, one will remember. Goodnight Liam"

"Good night Addison" and with that he left.

That night was pretty much the same as the last, I woke up screaming, but this time they didn't barge in, they came in and asked if I was okay before grabbing me Keisha and telling me good night.

I felt horrible, because I hated waking them up like that. I shouldn't be here causing them problems, and I found another reason to hate me parents.

They knew how I was and they didn't care to tell that to them before I came. I can tell by the looks on their face that they had no idea something was wrong when they agreed, and they were being selfish making me put them through this.

I fell asleep thinking of every single reason I hated my parents with a burning passion. And that, I realized was a horribly long list, and that was just another reason to hate them. They gave me way too many reasons to.

So first six chapters are up! i hope it gives you guys a feel for the book and i really enjoy writing this book, it's different then all the others i've tried and yeah :)

Keisha on the side :)