[Chapter Five] Addison

Start from the beginning

I don't know how long it took, maybe a half hour, but we came to a pond, and I slowly and very carefully slid down the side of the horse he told me was named Sadie.

 "No one knows about this, at least not that I know" He spoke, breaking the silence around us. My eyes took in the scene before me. It was so green and beautiful, the small blue pond hidden in the trees.

"I thought you would like it here, and I would appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone" He sounded nervous, and I turned to look at him. I can't believe he would take me here. It's obvious that this place means a lot to him.

"You're secrets safe with me" I assured him before I walked to the edge of the pond and lay down in the soft grass. The grass caressed my skin and I ran my hands over the top of the soft blades, it was so peaceful and relaxing here, I wish I could stay here forever.

"Maybe next time I'll take you to the field. It's beautiful. There are wild flowers everywhere and no one ever goes out there because it's too long of a ride for them to sit in a field."

"I would love to go sometime" I told him then closed my eyes and just enjoyed being here. If he needed to talk to me, he could. But until then I was content with remaining silent.

There was no city noise or people looking at me funny, trying to figure me out. Well except Liam, but I'm sort of okay with that, because I know he won't push me. It's just nature, plain and simple.

The sound of the water, the wind blowing through the trees and plants made me feel calm in a way I never thought I would feel again, and the sun came down filled me with warmth, and I found a smile on my face. It's beautiful and peaceful and I absolutely see why he loves it here.

I should be worried that I'm alone with a guy I just met far away from anyone else, at a place no one knows about, but I wasn't. The thought of him ever hurting me never crossed my mind, and I don't even think I could convince myself he would.

After a while I turned my head to look at him. He was lying about five feet away from me, close enough to enjoy it with, but far enough away for comfort.

The sun danced over his skin, and the slight wind ruffled his hair. His arms were crossed behind his head which just made his biceps bulge in his white t shirt. Looking at him, you could just tell he was a country boy.  

I watched him until he opened his eyes and turn to look at me. His blue eyes peered into mine like he was looking straight to my soul which wasn't settling. I wanted to look away, I was afraid if I did he would figure me out, and be able to tell every bad thing that happened to me.

But the fact was that I couldn't look away. I was trapped by his start and I turned on my side never losing eye contact with him, and he did the same thing. We didn't talk, we didn't move, we just stared.

I could tell that he was trying to figure me out, but like the others he was gentler about it. His eyes weren't pierced into me and examining me, he was just gazing into my eyes looking for answers to the many questions I'm sure he already has.

I felt oddly calm about it though, but at the same time terrified. When he knew, he would be disgusted by me like my parents are, and I just met him, but I didn't want to lose him, he was the only person I felt connected to anymore, but for that reason exactly I didn't mind If he found out, and that battle was raging on inside me as I studied him too.

I wanted to know why a stranger could make me feel so calm and at peace with myself when I haven't been in two years. And I wanted to know why he cared.

He brought me here, he's been patient and respecting my space, never pushing things and trying to keep all conversation away from anything personal. I knew what he was doing.