Lauren turned to look at me with a weak smile, “I'll see you later? I don't know about you but I am still a celebrity here. Your father just invited his best friend who's like my biggest fan or something so I'm going to go inside.” Lauren grinned. She looked so happy. I wondered if she would have stayed if she found out what I actually did.

“Yeah, Lewis Diaz is kind of your fan. But he is kind of known for eating people's brains out. Just saying.” I raised my hands in defense which made the older girl laugh.

“I'm sure I'll manage. After all I have plenty of practice with you,” the green eyed girl smirked, causing me to slightly push her away from me as she giggled. “But listen, I have to show you something after this. It's kind of your Christmas present. Could you like spare an hour or so and come with me?”

“Ofcourse Lauren. I'll be here whenever you're free.” I smiled at the girl I was in love with who cupped my face and quickly made a distance. She smiled as she walked back inside, leaving me and Megan alone to ourselves.

Now that we were alone, I was kind of very nervous. She never really talked about what she felt when Austin mentioned her family matters and now that she would totally screw me up here, I was very afraid. But I deserved it. I never should have trusted Austin in the first place when it came to Lauren and her secrets so whatever Megan was going to say to me, I was ready to hear her without lashing out. I wouldn't fuck everything up even more by talking back at her. As soon as the front door closed, I turned myself towards Megan.

“What are you doing? Why did you not tell her?”

She chuckled sarcastically, “Don't be flattered that I like you or something. I did it for her, not you. And don't even for a second think that I would not change my mind but then again Lauren doesn't deserve the heartache. She deserves to know what you did to her and how you broke her trust but she doesn't deserve the consequences afterwards.”

I wanted to dig my own grave up and bury myself in it. Megan was right. Not only Lauren would be disappointed in me, her own heart would be broken as well and she will never forgive me and maybe, maybe she will speed up the wedding process. I wanted to cry and get away from all that but knowing how worse the situation would be after my departure I decided to face everything now. I couldn't break Lauren's heart and whatever Megan was doing was absolutely right.

“I didn't mean to tell him. I was very upset and just wanted to talk to someone about it.” I said and looked away, Megan raised an eyebrow because she was obviously not believing me.

“And out of all the eight billion people on this planet you decided to tell that one person who hates my sister's guts. You could have talked to Dinah or even me. Why Austin, Camila?”

Not knowing what to say to her, I simply shrugged as the tears fell down on my face. “I don't know.”

“Alright, you need to stop crying. You made this mess, now it's time for you to fix it. Talk to Austin before he confronts Lauren directly and screws everything up even more. I wouldn't have given two shits about you if I hadn't seen you kissing Lauren the other day. It is so obvious that she is still in love with you so save yourself both a heartache, and fix everything.”

With that Megan made her way inside my house again and I took it as an end of the conversation but before she could enter the house, I called out her name, “Thank you, for not telling her.”

A small smile appeared on her face but she was quick to hide it, “Didn't do it for you, Camila. Just know that.”

And I knew she didn't do it for me but no matter how much Lauren tries to portray her older sister to be a jerk, she wasn't really. Megan was very considerate of everything regardless of her being a bitch all the time. She actually considered the feelings of her sister and that made her a very great person in my eyes and I wasn't just saying that because she hid my secret. But she was right though, I needed to clear this mess. And I knew what I had to do. I knew it now.