''If you get Carter to spit in his food, I'll love you forever.'' Carmen said, shooting Ryder a dirty look which only caused him to pout, folding his arms over his chest in huffiness.

''This is why you're single. You're mean.'' Ryder retorted and  his dark eyes darted towards the menu briefly before he just decided to order his usual which I hastily wrote down. Carmen flipped him the bird before ordering a number six and a glass of water.

''Alright. Carmen try not to kill Ryder while I'm gone...at least wait until I get my tip.'' I said with a cheeky grin that had Ryder glaring at me in a playful manner. I turned on my heel, placing the slip of paper between the cloth line pin for Carter to view while I carried out their drink orders.

''So, when do you get off? I was thinking we could hit the mall before closing.'' Carmen said, watching as I set their drinks down and tossed down two straws.

''I get off in another ten or so minutes.'' I said with a sigh, mauling over anything I had planned for tonight but came up empty. ''Also, the mall sounds great.''

''Perfect, now I won't be stuck with him.'' Carmen muttered, jabbing a finger in Ryder's direction with obvious distaste which I found oddly amusing.

Ryder scoffed. ''Oh yeah? Like you're a bloody walk in the park.''

''Order's up!'' Carter called, setting out two steaming white plates on the platform. I glanced between both of them with a smirk before heading up to the counter and picked up the plates with ease before returning back to my friends booth and sat their food down in front of them.

''Eat up. I'm gonna go tell Lucy-Ann, I'm heading out.'' I said, reaching behind my back to untie my apron as I approached Lucy-Ann. She was chatting with Carter through the open window. ''Hey Luce and Carter, I'm gonna head out soon, after Ryder and Carmen finish eating. I'll see you both tomorrow.''

''Yeah, yeah.'' Carter murmured, waving a hand which caused Lucy-Ann to huff at his rudeness before turning to me with a bright smile, though it quickly turned into a frown of concern.

''Terrance, you look pale, really pale. Like a ghost...Terrance!'' I hadn't even realized I collapsed to the floor. My breathing was labored all the sudden and my vision began to blur as I attempted to get back up on my feet but I felt so weak and tired.

''Terrance!?'' I could hear my name being shouted and then someone touching my face while they demanded someone call an ambulance and as much as I wanted to assure them I was fine, everything went black.

 ★ ★ ★

I laid still, listening to the rhythmic beeping as I focused on my breathing. My eyes fluttered open as I squinted against the bright white light that seemed to blind me momentarily. I could hear faint whispers in the distance, the sound of phones ringing and heels clicking before I decided to turn my head to take in my surroundings which happened to be the sighting of horrendous light blue curtains.

''Terrance, oh thank god!'' Winnow's voice had my head snapping to the other side and her expression sick with worry. ''I got a phone call from your work, they said you collapsed and wouldn't wake up!''

''What?'' I rasped, grimacing from how dry my throat seemed. Winnow notice, turning around and picked up a pitcher of cool water and poured some into a white foam cup.

''Mom is on her way right now. Dad should be here within the hour. He's coming back early from his business trip.'' Winnow explained, handing the cup over to me. I gave her a nod of thanks before taking a deep hearty gulp.

''Do they know why I collapsed?'' 

''Dehydration, lack of sleep, lack of nutrition, stress...do you need me to continue?'' Lucas demanded, coming around the curtain with a hard expression. I grimaced, shifting on the bed as I took in his full appearance, he was wearing a white lab coat which meant he was working today.