He's so evil.

"Yeah," I say, feigning excitement. Shit, I'm screwed.

The teacher moves aside, gesturing us to come in. I look at Kieran, grabbing the sleeve of his blazer and pull him inside with me. I am not doing this alone. I find everyone's eyes are on us. The advantages of being new. Note the sarcasm.

"Class, our new students would like to introduce themselves to you," he says, with an evil smirk. I look at each face in the class and I spot Vivian sitting in the centre of the room. Of course, she's in the centre, she always needs to be the centre of attention.

She looks at me with fiery eyes, her lips twitching at the sight of me. I recall what she said to Kieran and me in the morning, 'We don't know each other. We are not cousins, we never met. I don't want two losers to be known to be my cousin, I have a reputation to uphold'. Honestly, I didn't want people to know she was my cousin too.

"Hi! I'm Kaia and this is my brother, Kieran. We're Vivian's cousins from Australia," I say with enthusiasm. To be honest, ruining Vivian's mood is always worth people knowing that I'm related to the devil. I see Vivian's mouth drop and she glares at me. If only looks could kill, then I wouldn't be here by now. I think death is better than living with her.

Everyone turns their attention to Vivian, which she awkwardly stutters. "She means Vivian Miller," she lies.

"Oh God, there's two Vivian's?" Kieran groans, feigning fear.

I hold in a laughter. Vivian scowls at Kieran. People turn their gaze to another girl who sits quietly at the front corner of the room. She keeps her eyes away from everyone as though the stares are burning her. She faces the wall beside her.

"Alright, is that all you have for an introduction?" the teacher asks. I still don't know his name. I look behind me and notice on the blackboard a name written on the top corner of the board. Mr Reed. Is that his name?

"Yeah, I didn't really have enough time to think of more," I say.

I notice three spots at the back that were empty. "Does anyone have any questions?" No one puts their hand up.

"Yeah, you guys are from Australia right? Then do you ride kangaroo's there?" a guy pitches up. I could tell he was trying to insult us.

"Don't be ridiculous," I say.

"Yeah, we ride Emus. Kangaroos are very bouncy, not really comfortable," Kieran says sarcastically. I hold in another laughter.

"Very funny," Vivian scoffs.

"Alright, that's enough. Go take a seat," Mr Reed orders. Kieran and I immediately rush to the back of the room, taking the two seats beside each other.

~*~

After form room, we get our timetable. Luckily, Kieran and I have the majority of our classes together except for two. But unfortunately, those classes are with Vivian. In history class, Kieran and I sit at the back of the classroom. The seat beside me is empty while the seat beside that sits the other Vivian. I noticed that no one talks to her, that every time when someone says Vivian, they always call her the lesser Vivian and my cousin, the pretty Vivian.

"Miss Mercer, are you paying attention? Or do you listen while sleeping on your desk?" I jump up suddenly, realising my head was laying on the desk the whole time. I look at the skinny teacher in front of me.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"Let this be your first and final warning, Miss Mercer," he says.

I nod in response. "Of course," I reply. I look at Kieran seeing him trying to restrain himself from laughing. I resisted the urge from punching him. "Jerk," I mutter under my breath towards Kieran. He just smiles smugly at me. He just loves it when I get into trouble.