Her Last Day

>THIRD PERSON<
As the sky above Hogwarts looked rather dim, January 13th was marked on the muggle calendar while the pages kept on flying up and down. Sitting behind her desk, was Minerva McGonagall, who watched as Severus Snape paced around her office angrily. "Severus, something seems to be bothering you." she said, pushing her glasses up her nose. "Is there, Minerva? I haven't noticed." he replied sarcastically, and sat down opposite of her table, then placed both hands down with great force. "Is there any way I can help?" she asked calmly, as she petted Fawkes the Phoenix gently. "Nothing... Nothing can change of what I called her..." he said in an audible whisper. But Minerva merely looked up at him and frowned. "Well, that is a pity." then rearranged her papers on her desk. "Are you trying to make me feel worse, Headmistress?" he asked, looking at her stern face. "Oh no, Severus. I'm just trying to tell that it was very wrong of you. Now, if you'd excuse me. I need Mr. Smith for something."

"And why call the idiot?"

"To fetch Ms. Carter, of course!" Severus wore a confused expression and pinch the bridge of his nose. "For what, exactly?" he asked. Minerva looked surprised, then opened her mouth.

"Oh haven't you heard, Severus? Carter is spending her last day on earth."

The man stood from his chair like lightning, making Minerva rise up as well. "I BEG FOR YOUR PARDON?!" he roared, and coughed wildly. "Miss Carter, I'm afraid to say, is finally making her decision. She has prepared for something to do tomorrow, that I have no right to neither know what nor why. I allowed her classmates to at least spend her day with her, and she can finally have her things completed." she simply said and smirked at his expression. "AND YOU TELL ME THIS NOW?" he bellowed, and stomped his foot onto the cold hard ground of the office. "I planned to, actually. But I received that you do not interact with her anymore? What use shall it make?"

"I... I... I made a mistake... I insulted her before she... No... No..."

"Snape,"

"What?"

"She's about to run to the Forbidden Forest at twilight. This is your last chance."

<><><><><><><><><><>

At the complete end of the castle, Scarlet Liana Carter's figure was standing behind a pillar, close to Xander Alex Smith's, who looked sadder than ever. "You can't do this, Scarlet! You just can't!" he exclaimed. "I can't what, Xander?" she whispered back. "Please! You're my best friend...." yet his voice trailed off and his face looked blank. "Oh stop it. I'm not going to die. Just... Consider it as a 'See-You-Later-thing'. I'll come back for all of you guys, okay?" reassured Scarlet, smiling warmly. But no matter what she said, Xander's eyes still burst into tears. "You've... It's just wrong. I don't know what I'll do without you -"

"You know, Xander, you were always better than Lucas. Better than any friend in the world. Just promise me, you won't forget me if I don't come back?"

"W H A T?!"

"I'm just joking!" And unexpectedly, he hugged his best friend ever so tightly. But another figure past by. Severus. He watched as the two hugged, and felt like his heart was being stabbed out of his chest. He slid down the wall, clutching his robes vigorously. "Why are you hugging me? I thought girl-guy best friendships weren't supposed to hug." she asked confusingly. "I mean... After Snape treated you like sh*t... Maybe you just need to stop & rest for a while."

"Thanks, Xander. Wait... Oh no."

"Whaddyamean 'oh no'?"

"I... I need to -!"