Dates For The Dance

T I M E S K I P

>SCARLET'S POV<
So... Today is the 5th day of December! Lyanna, and Hermione already have dates for the ball. As for me, Ginny, and Luna... Lets just say... It's not working great.

I dunno who Xander is going with, but he once told me he's eyeing for Serena Philippes, the Slytherin Seeker... Git. Anyways, we are in Hogsmead today for a little trip to Madame Malkin's for dresses. I was trailing my fingers across the spines of the dresses, finding the best for me. I've been looking out for a blue one.

"Hey Scarlet! How 'bout this one?" Hermione asked, across the store, she held a nice purple gown with sequins... Too fancy. I shook my head with a appreciative smile and made my way around the store. "Anything in your mind, Scarlet, my dear?" Madame Malkin asked me kindly, as her pet cat purred between my legs.

"Something... Unique, but also pretty." I answered, she gestured me to follow her as she approached a closet. "What color is your type?" She asked, rummaging through it. "Blue." I replied, stepping aside as she finally grabbed one.

The others came behind me, and gasped as there was a beautiful dress in front of me. It was a blue, beautiful, simple, sleeveless, below the knee dress.

 It was a blue, beautiful, simple, sleeveless, below the knee dress

"6 Galleons only for Hogwarts Students." She told me, approaching the counter. I opened my purse and gave her the exact amount.

Thats when I heard a little girl crying

"But it's momma's christmwas pwesent!" she exclaimed, as she pulled her father's robes. "But darling, we are 2 Galleons short." He replied, carrying her to his level.

I remembered as my father's only gift to mum was a dance. I had a only had a few years with them...

"Bianca, we need to go. I'll just buy mom another gift-"

"But that is what she wanted!"

"Bianca, stop it."

But before the girl can step out of the door, I tapped her father's shoulder. "Sir, may I help you?" I asked, the little girl tugged my coat. I kneeled beside her, she cupped her hands and whispered into my ear. "We couldn't bwuy the neckwace for mum that she wanted for Chwistmas." she whispered in her cute voice. "Oh. How much Galleons short?" I asked, standing up. The father looked surprised. "Oh! No, we can buy something else -"

"Please. My father didn't have a present for my mum either. And... I only spent few a years with them. Let me help." I insisted. He nodded and stood beside a clear glass box. "The necklace over there. My wife always wanted it ever since she was a toddler." he told me. "2 Galleons short?" I asked, he nodded and gave me the rest that he had. I went to the counter then bought it. As I returned to the little girl, I kneeled again and whispered into her ear. "Be a good girl, alright? Your parents are very important." As I was finished, she hugged my neck tightly, and walked out the door. "Thank you." The father said shaking my hand. Before I can even realize it, Snape was behind me.

"Quite the special holiday, Christmas." He muttered in my ear. I quickly turned around, surprised to see the Potions Master. "Yes, it is." I replied, he wrapped a hand around my waist, making me flinch for a second and melt. "I saw what you did there. 20 points to Gryffindor."

Snape, giving points to Gryffindor?

"I have a heart too, Ms. Carter." Snape said, I must've said that out loud. "Really?" I joked, but later, I realized I was now an inch to his face. "Really." his voice, echoing through my head.

Why does this man give such an big effect on me?!

He smiled then gently let go. "So am I correct? You haven't spent a lot of years with your family?" He asked, I crossed my arms when Ginny waved me a hand behind a wall mouthing 'we'll go ahead.'

I nodded towards her, suddenly a cold wind blew past me, making me shiver. But Snape didn't react, and wrapped his arms around me. "You're cold?" he asked, "Thank you, Snape, for stating the obvious." He let out a throathy chuckle. "Shall we return to Hogwarts?" he suggested, "but it's still early!" I exclaimed, "correction; it's 3:21pm. Let's go, little wolf pup."

"I told you not to say that to anyone!"

"Not even you?"

"You can, but you get the idea!"

He chuckled again, as I walked with him back to Hogwarts. "Can you join me in my office? I need a bit of assistance."

>THIRD PERSON<
Scarlet tilted her head in a confused manner and joined him to the dungeons. As they got there, Snape closed the door, making it echo through the walls.

"What do you need-?"

A Meow.

"Kitten!" Scarlet reacted and searched the room. Snape laughed and pointed to the very top of the bookshelf, revealing a frightened black kitten. "She wouldn't come down. So, you, who have the quite experience with animals, I thought she would come down to you." Snape told her. "And why didn't you do it?" Scarlet asked, grabbing the nearest ladder and climbing up.

"She was afraid that I would turn into a bat and cut her heart out with a spoon."

(Author:😉)

"Here, kitty, kitty. It's alright. Just come here. The creepy man won't hurt you...." Scarlet gently said, stretching her arm out. The poor creature thought for a minute and ended up in her arms. "I'll take that to Minerva. She's quite fond of these little monsters."

"Monster?!"

"They ruined my house once."

"True."

Scarlet let down the poor cat and slowly climbed down.

But one of the stairs broke, making her slip. "Ah-"
She shut her eyes for a minute, why haven't I hit the floor yet, or am I just THAT high?

"Scarlet, calm down." She opened her eyes to see the Potions Master caught her. "How did you-" she stuttered. "I have reflexes..." he joked, until he realized he was still carrying her. Their eyes locked, and their faces were at least an inch apart. Who knows how long that stayed that way, when Snape looked away. "Oh, here you are." he sat her back up, and watched as Scarlet played with the little black fur ball. "I'll go." She said awkwardly, about to open the door. "Wait, you forgot this." He handed her the bag with the dress in it. But she didn't notice that he slipped a piece of parchment.

"I'll see you, sir."

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•
A/N:
Heyo! I kept on jumping up and down when I imagined some scenes in this chapter. So... How are you guys?

I fell from my chair when I saw there were already 200+ views, litterally (and my bum still hurts...)! I mean, I just published this less than this week!

Thank yuuuuu also to the people who kept on commenting and voting, u r awesome!

•DUMBLEBURN OUT•