The Journey Back To Hogwarts

>SEVERUS' POV<

I woke up today here at the inn. Carter and Roberts left two days ago, as I waited until the day of the train back to Hogwarts. I prepared for the trip, putting on my black robes and cloak, then Apparated from here to Platform 9 and 3/4.

"Severus!" said McGonagall, coming from behind me. "Y-You're alive? How-?" she stuttered, I formed a curl on my lip, and nodded. "Well, it looks like it," I replied in a monotone voice, "but I've recently heard Horace cannot take the spot for Potions?" Minerva's stern face looked at him and she nodded her head. "Well then, I guess it wouldn't be bad to have the old Potions Master back then." She gestured me to the train, as the other staff and students looked at me strangely. "Thank you, Minerva. I'll take it from here." I told her when we reached the main train doors. I made my way to an empty compartment for myself.

In a few minutes, students already began to fill in. I made myself comfortable since the train was leaving London in a few minutes.

>SCARLET'S POV<

Me and Lyanna were running for our lives.

And it was for the sake of our education.

Wouldn't that just sound ridiculous?

It was 10:57am and the Hogwarts Express was leaving at 11am sharp. "Lyanna, when we get to Hogwarts, I will turn you into a useless little spider!" I yelled at her, as we avoided a muggle guard who tried to warn us, but we already got far. Lyanna arrived at King's Cross after the Knight Bus came to her house an hour late. "There it is! Let's go!" she shouted pointing to the wall with the plastic 9 & 10. Snidget, my chestnut-colored owl, closed his eyes tightly, as we went through the wall.

"Hurry!" I shouted, while all of the students were in the train, waving out of the window. "Thank you," I said as the train staff carried our trunks, when we stepped into the Hogwarts Express, both of us sighed in relief. "Lyanna, next time, I think we should go seperate trips to the platform." I told her. She nodded eagerly and went inside a compartment. "Oh no, there's one empty seat left." she pointed out.

"It's alright. I'll... find another compartment. We'll see each other at Hogwarts, all right?" I said. Lyanna widened her eyes, and thought for a moment. "If it doesn't cost you much trouble, then I guess we'll see each other at Hogwarts." she said as I closed the compartment, then started walking around.

Unfortunately, the whole train was full. Great. Well, I think it was. There were others who didn't much appreciate for me to be in a cramped room with them.

I stood awkwardly in the hallway, as other students stared out at me with both disgust and pity. I can't blame them, honestly. Sighing, I sat in between the path.

I then unusually squeaked in fear as a compartment door opened loudly. "Miss Carter? What are you doing on the floor?" The voice of Severus Snape barked. I looked up, to see the Potions Master staring into right into my soul.

"I, um, don't have anywhere to sit, sir. The whole train is packed." I replied sheepishly. Snape took a moment to think, when he sighed irritably and pointed toward his compartment. I looked at him in disbelief, but he seemed to be insisting for me to go in. "Sir, I can stay out here -!"

"If you will stay out there, you shall serve me detention with me for 2 months." I rose up, and quickly walked into the compartment. I remained silent, as Snape sat down across from me and smirked amusingly. There was awkward silence between us, when Snape spoke up. "Had a nice summer, Ms. Carter?" he asked me. "...Yes sir. You?"