A Woman In Black

>SEVERUS' POV<
"A-A Date?" Scarlet stuttered. "If you don't want to, it's fine-"

"No! No, it's very sweet. Sure. When?" she asked, I thought for a moment. "On Sunday. Meet me in my chambers at 5pm." I instructed. "Can I just have a little request?" she asked shyly. "Of course. And what would that be?"

"Um, can it just be, er... simple? Not too fancy. Just simple and sweet." She told me, I nodded in agreement. "I thought you'll never ask."
As Scarlet left, I smirked in my achievement, and rewarded myself with a little Firewhiskey.

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

>SCARLET'S POV<
I smiled to myself ear-to-ear. And headed back to the common room. Did he just ask me out on a date?

Wait. I stood frozen. This is wrong. Student/teacher relationships! If mum & dad were alive and knew about this they're gonna kill me. Ugh, the more I deny the feeling, the more I fall into his trap! Whats wrong with me? I know it's alright to fall in love, but not with a man 20 years older than you!

But everytime I move my feelings aside, my mind always recalls on why I actually like him! Snape was ever so kind to me for somewhat reason ever since my first year. He never fails me on Potions, if I do, he'll try his best to gain my knowledge back up again. One time, he helped me passed my test during 3rd year...

Yeah, he tortured the school when he was headmaster, but I couldn't help but hear when he was talking to the other Death Eaters about not hurting or touching the students... Especially me. Snape only gave me detentions when I really deserved it, and only take points off if I wasn't there.

But why?! Why am I falling for him?! I always trained myself to avoid guys, whats the difference with him? I already checked if I was in Amorentia, nada. Plus... Snape didn't mind of him falling for me... Oh shut up, Scarlet! It doesn't matter about him! It depends on you! I should be finishing my studies! Ugh, I need to focus!

I didn't realize I was walking and arrived in the common room. I ignored the girls that called me to join their chat, and jumped into my bed. Life just feels so wrong... But then it feels so right.... 💤

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I woke up early for today. After getting ready, I went to the Great Hall for breakfast. Turns out I wasn't hungry or thirsty for anything. Since today classes are dismissed for the Ministry's 3-day-inspection, I thought of going to the library to finish my essay about the uses of the Herbicide Potion.

As I was writing down with my quill and ink, I didn't notice Hermione sat next to me. "Hi Scarlet!" she chimed, flipping through the pages of a thick and heavy book that you'll always see her carry. "Hey, Hermione. Whats gotten into you that made you more cheerful today than usual?" I asked, "I'm going to meet Harry and Ronald in the Hogsmead weekend! Wanna join?" she suggested, I nodded and continued writing.

I was about to write another reason why the potion was very useful, when I heard my name being shouted across the table. "Hey, Carter!" Draco Malfoy's voice said, sniggering. I rolled my eyes and ignored the fat ugly ferret. "Carter! Psst! Hey!"

"WHAT?!" I whisper-shouted, he levitated a piece of paper to me. It was a drawing of me crashing to the ground during my match. I thought of playing with him a little, and changed it so that it continues on where I opened my arm with the Snitch and Malfoy in the side transforming into a white ferret. When he read it, he bursted into anger. "YOU DARE INSULT ME -"

"DRACO LUCIUS MALFOY! I SHALL BAN YOU FROM THE LIBRARY IF YOU WILL CONTINUE SUCH BEHAVIOR!" The librarian bellowed louder, making the entire room silent. "You're gonna be next, after the mudbloods...." He muttered deadly at me, and walked out with his slaves that he calls friends.

Hermione laughed, and I giggled. "Don't worry. I'll talk to him later." she whispered, I smiled to her, when I was already done. "You won't mind? I need to pass this within today." I whispered, she nodded and continued reading. I walked to the dungeons and knocked on the Severus' office. Unfortunately, no one answered, which is quite odd. But I remembered Severus told us to pass our essays here. I knocked again, when I heard blurry voices talking. It was a woman and a man...

Without any warning to the people inside, I opened the door and walked in. I was surprised to see Severus and a woman dressed in black. She looked like she was trying to seduce him, but Severus stood still in the very corner with his hands behind his back. His eyes were in full panic mode when he saw me, and strided towards me. The woman casted me a weird look, as I furrowed my brows in a confused manner. "Finished already, Miss Carter?" Severus asked, as I gave him the essay. "Yes, sir. I'm truly sorry if I was such a disturbance." But my voice didn't sound sincere, in fact, it sounded more like jealousy.

Scarlet, calm down...

"You weren't. Miss Carter, meet Raven Jones. She's... One of my close friends during my Hogwarts Years..." he said awkwardly. Of course she is. The woman named Raven stretched out her hand for me to take, I gave her a fake smile, and shook her hand. She squeezed my hand a bit, and let go with a devious smile that she was wearing earlier.

"So you must be the wonderful student the staff has been talking about, yes? You look very beautiful, dear." she told me, "me, beautiful? You look more prettier, Miss Jones." I said, it was true she was very beautiful and chic. "You flatter me. I don't want to be rude, or such, but would you please mind of leaving us alone for awhile? I need to talk with your professor." she requested. I tried to keep all of my emotions in me, especially anger, and nodded with a fake smile. I walked to the door, when I heard Severus quietly calling my name. I ignored him and walked out. 

Darn it, what would a woman be doing with Severus?! Scarlet, please calm down. Deep breaths, just remember the date on sunday... Calm down. You're gonna be alright... You don't know the possible consequences if he finds out you're acting like this.

I shook my head, and went to the common room, where I found Xander who wanted to talk to me. But later, I panicked as Severus was knocking on the portrait door.

"Xander, quick! Tell him I'm asleep!" I whisper-shouted, hiding behind a table. "Okay, stay there."

I heard their conversation crystal clear.

"May I talk to Miss Carter?" Severus requested. I gulped and held my breath since the common room was dead silent with me and Xander the only ones there.

"Sorry sir, she's sound asleep." Xander said, I was praying so hard that he would believe it.

"Well then tell her to meet me in the dungeons after dinner." Yes! He believed it.

"Yes, sir."

When the portrait door closed, I ran to Xander and hugged him. "Why was he looking for you?" he asked, oh no, "the essay." I lied. He nodded and continued the conversation we just had earlier.