Detention

>SCARLET'S POV<
Me, Hermione and Xander were in the library, doing our homework. When I was done, the others weren't yet and so so I roamed around. I spotted a interesting book and began to read. I didn't notice my necklace was caught in the sunlight, causing it to shine like an effing flashlight.

>SEVERUS' POV<
I was in the library about to find a certain potion book. Yesterday's happenings were too good to be true, but it was. Someone did care for me, and it wasn't even a human, it was a wolf that I barely knew. Smirkingto myself, I reached the aisle and found the book. I flipped through the pages if it were correct then smirked as I found it. But in the corner of my eye, something was producing blinding light.

It was a beam light, so I turned to it's direction, to see it was Carter's necklace. I smiled like a fool, as I peeked between some books to look at her. She looked very beautiful with her hair tied into a messy bun, so her earrings were visible. But then my chances of not being seen were ruined as a book fell. Dammit.

Scarlet alarmly looked up from the book and obviously saw me between the shelves. "Good morning, professor." she greeted me kindly. "G-Good morning, Carter- or should I say Scarlet."

She smiled kindly at me and went back to the table where Smith and Granger were sitting. I thought about leaving, and that I did. With the borrowed book in my arm, I couldn't help it, but, I was still thinking of the girl for the rest of the day.

>SCARLET'S POV<
Xander and I were having a tickle fight. It was Thursday, but classes were canceled due to the flu students were spreading, luckily, only a few Gryffindors caught it.

Back to the game.

It wasn't fair that I was ticklish, while he won't laugh at a joke. I was laughing so hard I can't stop. "Xander! Stop it! Haha!" he cast Rictumsepra on me, while the spell got stronger by the minute. I squealed, and rolled on the floor laughing hysterically.

"Haha, Expelliarmus!" His wand flew to my hand and I casted the counterspell. "I win." I said grinning at my victory.

"Carter! Smith! Detention for such behavior!" Snape's familiar voice spat at us. Xander froze, and looked at me in signal of help. Snape looked into my eyes when I realize... he's reading my mind. I blinked quickly, making him blink too. "Detention both of you at 7 tonight. Smith, you will have it with Argus, as for you Carter..."

Please not with you, please not with you, anything but please not with you.

"Detention with me." What in the Merlin's beard! Well, If anybody's gonna ask me later why I got into detention with Snape, here is the answer; I was being tickled. And the fact his detentions were the worst of all the staff. I mean, Filch's was like a level first year. Snape's somewhere around 7th year.

Great. Just smooth.

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

As the hour hand pointed at 7, I ran to the dungeons and entered Snape's office. "Enter." he said in his usual voice. I pushed the door open and walked in. Wait... I can smell... Firewhiskey? He's been drinking again! That sounded scary.

"Well, Scarlet, I don't get dangerous when I drink. Your detention today will be cleaning the classroom." He ordered, again with the mind reading! I grabbed the muggle cleaning supplies and began rubbing clean, the dungeon floors. But I remembered, and sat my wand on his desk. "Very well." He said and began scribbling onto some parchment. I continued scrubbing the floor, when water slipped through my sleeve and landed on my wound in my left arm. You do know there's a thing called magic, right?   "Ow..." I muttered, trying to heal it.

I did my best to refrain from crying, but my wound got worse every minute that passed. My tears were silently dropping to the floor, but I stood up and began dusting the cobwebs in the corner. But I shrieked as Professor Snape knelt beside me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Are you all right?" He asked, but now with care in his voice. I nodded shortly until he realized the blood on my uniform.

"Oh Dumbldore, Carter! Wha-!" He said, like the way he said it in the forest. "Sit on the chair." he ordered. I sat down quietly and stared at my arm. He looked at my face with a caring side. How was he doing it? He was muttering something like a song and my wound began to disappear. And don't even get me started, because later, we started to ask each other questions about ourselves.

"How old are you again?"
"14. Turning 15 on Febuary 21st."

"When is your birthday?"
"Jan. 9, 1960."

"What is your middle name?"
"Davies."

"What house were you in?"
"Slytherin, obviously."

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

And with that, I completely froze. This is embarassing. "No... Why do you ask?"

"Your wound is healed. And your detention is done. Good evening, Scarlet." I smiled at him, making his cheeks go red. Snape blushing? He looked rather... cute... But I don't think people usually smile at him, though. I laughed at the though and grabbed my wand. "Thank you sir, I-I-I'll get going." I replied sheepishly then walked back to the common room. But I felt pretty happy.

Aren't I always?

Not that... Like the happy happy. Snape made me feel a bit safe... No... I can't. This is illegally wrong... I don't even know if he felt the same way.

Whats the point in believing in the miracle, when you know it won't even happen?