Xander's Mishap

Curses were fired everywhere, when Severus thought he heard a familiar cackle. "Bellatrix." he muttered to himself and pulling Scarlet out of the Duo's tent. Bellatrix's and other Death Eater's laughter burst through the holes of the tent, while the clatter and cling of pots made by Talahad and Donatello interrupted. "How about the Duo -?"

"Carter!"

"RUN, SCARLET!" Severus' hoarse voice bellowed, as their footsteps only attracted more & more attention. They did not notice the men along the shadows, now chasing them once again. "Not so fast, Severus!" Avery shouted playfully, whipping his wand that the white robes merely missed an inch to his foot. But as the path back to main road was just a few meters away, they were blocked. It seemed like two against a hundred, that there was no chance of making out alive. Severus wrapped his arm around his witch's waist protectively, not moving his eyes from his fellow Death Eaters he had once worked with. He leaned towards her ear and whispered:

"Do you trust me?"

 <><><><><><><><><><>  

Severus can feel Scarlet's heavy panting as she looked at him with a face full of emotions. With one hand placed up his chest... She nodded.

The Potions Master closed his mind preventing anyone from reading his thoughts and looked at the dark starry sky. They can see his grip tightened at her small waist and instant pop they vanished as Scarlet's purple flame was left behind her. 

They both landed on the cold stone floor when Scarlet realized they were in the Headmistress' office... "Severus? Miss Carter?!" Minerva McGonagall's usual voice called out as Scarlet's eyes adjusted from the lighting. Severus stood up as well, and Scarlet suddenly hugged him tightly. "Wh-What happened?" asked the woman confusingly at the same time the door burst open. "I HEARD HER LAST NAME!" Flora Felixa's usual shriek rang around the room, her eyes landing on the both. "Scarlet!"

"We were being chased," explained Severus, telling all the precise details McGonagall asked. "by the Death Eaters as well. They've received information we were in New York." All stared at Scarlet as she was looking distractedly at the fireplace. "Floo."

"Please repeat that, dear?"

"Floo Network," her head faced them again, "the Ministry is still handling the Floo Network aren't they? We used it to go to New York. The Death Eaters were informed, and we were tracked. How foolish of me goodness lord...."

Everybody in the room seemed to have agreed, that even Phineas Black nodded in agreement. "But how about our packed stuff, Minerva?" asked Severus, when Dobby, Kreacher, Winky, & Coco appeared in front of them after a huge crack. "Mistress McGonagall!" the four chanted perfectly together, and later, they came back with the two's stuff. Scarlet told McGonagall and Felixa the phropecy Talahad told her. When she had just finished, a hurried knock went on the door. "Professor McGonagall! Professor Felixa!"

"Lyanna?" Scarlet whispered as Felixa rushed to the door and opened it. "Something's wrong."

<><><><><><><><><><> 

Later,  the entire lot was running to the Hospital Wing with their footsteps being followed by the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. "Xander!" the witch gasped, slamming one door open. There, her brave and strong best friend was lying on one of the clinic beds, panting heavily. "Scarlet! You're back!" shouted Arabella. This made Xander jolt out of his bed when Elise had to push him to lie back down. "Scarlet?! Where is she?!" he exclaimed but the pain in his body thought otherwise. "Wha -" Scarlet looked towards their Chaser, with his face white through the nervousness he was feeling. "Oh lemme' explain this." the Gryffindor Keeper muttered and stepped in front of the Chaser. The Keeper looked annoyed at her other team mates, shooting disappointed looks. "You promised to me that the team will be alright till I get back! I didn't expect someone to get hurt this holiday!" Scarlet exclaimed furiously while the staff watched a student acting like an adult. The team much depended her more than their Quidditch Captain, even though she was rarely there for matches or games. The Keeper opened her mouth to speak and looked at Scarlet eye-to-eye. "Miss Elainous gave the whole team something during Christmas..." but her voice trailed off as she realized the professors was there. "Well go on, Sanders!" barked McGonagall.