I won't say that I was heartbroken because what I felt right now was entirely different. Something out of the world. It felt like someone ripped my heart out, crushed it and slammed it inside my heart once again. Lauren held my hand once again, I didn't even move or said a word to her. I didn't know what to say because everything was over. For real this time and it wasn't a drill. It was happening.

“Camila,”

I didn't answer.

“Camila please just say something, baby.”

A tear finally escaped my eye when she called me that. Maybe she meant it or maybe she only wanted to make me feel a little better. I took a step back but she took a step forward, this time a little too close to me. Lauren was taken. She was going to get married and I wouldn't be her wife. It was so unrealistic and so real at the same time. Ten years later, I only found her to lose her to someone else.

“Cami–”

That's all she got before I smashed my lips on hers and kissed her like there was no tomorrow. Lauren didn't push me away instead she kissed me with the same intensity as me. I nibbled on her lower lip and begged her to give me the entrance to explore her mouth for probably the last time now. As she did the same with me. I loved her lips. I loved kissing her and her taste, I loved everything about her.

“I love you so much, Lauren.” I said while kissing the hell out of her.

“Cam–”

“Shh, just don't stop kissing me,” I said against her lips and Lauren smiled before kissing me hungrily once again. We made out, right in the middle of the park where anyone could see us but we didn't care. We didn't care about anything.

Soon, the two of us pulled away and Lauren pressed her forehead on mine. Glueing our bodies together, Lauren pulled me even closer to her where there wasn't any space left between us. The green eyed girl who had my heart stared into my eyes with love and affection. Maybe I didn't need words to know how she felt this time. Maybe she did love me. But why did she agree to marry Reyna? I wanted to ask her this but Lauren spoke up first.
“I can't promise that I wouldn't hurt you, Camz.”

I smiled at the girl lovingly. No matter what, I knew how much she cared for me and she always will. Even when we both are dying on our beds eighty years from now on, I know that she would still take care of me and would never intentionally hurt me.

“I promise you that you won't.” I replied her as I leaned in to kiss her one more time but she pulled away.

“I want to be with you, Camila. I really do.” I smiled at her confession but I knew that there was more.

“I want to wake up next to you everyday and make you breakfast. I want to say all that lovey dovey crap to you and treat you like a queen that you are. I want to be the one calling you mine, not that prick Austin. But I can't.” Lauren said and shook her head thrice.

“Why not?” I asked instantly.

Lauren looked at me once again before looking everywhere but at me. I knew that Reyna was the reason of all this. I knew that Lauren was in love with her and maybe not admitting because she knew I would react like a crazy person. But when Lauren told me her answer, it went by nothing like I expected.

"I like you very much and it wouldn't be long before I'll actually fall for you again and that is why I can't be with you. I'll fuck up everything and will lose you all over again.”

My heart took a biggest dive ever. I never thought it would hurt this bad when she would tell me that she liked me. It was almost like a nightmare coming real. I nodded my head because I couldn't bring myself to say something else but Lauren saw right through me. She walked closer again and held my hand while squeezing it gently. I didn't even know that I was crying until a tear fell on my cheek and got absorbed by the skin. I fucking hated crying, that was all I did these days.