“Did you mean it?” She asked.

I know I should say no. I know it. But the chances of her knowing about my love for her would go down the drain if I don't say it out loud now. I don't care if she would want to see me again or what so ever, I wanted her to know that I was in love with her without bounding her with me.

“Yes, I meant it.” I replied and Lauren walked closer to me that instant second. She cupped my face with her left hand and pressed her forehead against mine.

“Why? Why didn't you tell me sooner? Why didn't you say so, stupid girl?” Lauren asked. By now, both of us were crying like crazy. She wouldn't let the tears fall from my eyes and I was so glad that she was here with me now. No matter what our future would be, Lauren was here with me now.

“I did tell you Lauren, just not with words.”

Lauren pulled herself away and stared right into my eyes. Her soul sucking green orbs were so damn intimidating. I couldn't tell if she hated me or loved me because everything was at the border line right now. It's either love or hate but all I could see in her eyes was both.

“What about you? Is there a chance that you feel the same?” I asked nervously. I was walking on the thin line right now but I didn't care. I needed to know what it all meant to her.

“Camila, I am with Reyna.” Her tone came out as a warning as she took a step back.

“Are you trying to convince me or yourself with that?” I answered her straight away. I wouldn't let her dodge this, not anymore.

“What are you trying to say?”

And that was when I had enough. There was no point of holding anything back. I would lose her anyway, right?

“How could you be so damn oblivious, Lauren?” I asked, before she could even reply, I began again.

“Even if I am angry at you, you're still the person I wanna hug. Even when you hurt me with your words, I still wanna listen to your voice. Even when I'm crying out because of you, I wouldn't turn to anyone else but you. I am in love with you, Lauren. I never loved my husband the way I loved you.”

She opened her mouth to say something again but I stopped her once more, “And how can you say that you have no feelings for me? You slept with me, Lauren. You treated me like I was your entire world that night. You treat my daughter the way you do,” I took a deep breath.

Pointing at her plastered arm, I said, “This. This happened because of me. You took the hit because of me and I saw how angry you were when he pushed me and called me a slut. And let's not forget how he and I both noticed the look on your face when he held me close that night.”

“Camila, just sto–”

“No, Lauren. Why can't you just tell me how you feel because the way you act is confusing the hell out of me now.”

I finally stopped myself and let's not ignore how amazing it felt to take it all out. I caught my breath while looking away. I felt her eyes on me once again but I ignored it. She needed to answer me and this time I was actually forcing her to say something to me.

“I can't say anything.” Lauren said in a very low voice.

“Why the hell not?” I almost yelled.

Suddenly, Lauren extended her hand out to me and with the help of her eyes, she motioned me to look at it. I didn't know what she was trying to show me but then my eyes landed on her ring finger. It had a ring.

A fucking ring.

“Reyna proposed me three days ago. We were at the club to celebrate.”