“I didn't ask for that, Camila. I told you how uncomfortable I am while talking about....that. I don't want to hear it whether you did it with Lauren or Austin. Keep the details to yourself.”

I almost laughed at how uncomfortable my mother was. I remembered when I called her after having first time with Austin and she was so weird about it and she was blushing immensely. Maybe it would be my exact same reaction if Allison tells me that she had sex with her boyfriend or her girlfriend. I sat back next to my mother again and she looked up to me.

“But you asked me for the confirmation, mamà. There you have it. I know you are uncomfortable but you have to know how she worshipped my body last night. Mom, if it was one time thing, she would never have treated me the way she did. You didn't see the looks she gave me. They were tender, it was like she was–”

“In love with you?” my mother said what I wanted to say and I nodded.

“Looks can deceive. I know your feelings are everywhere but just give it a time. Everything will go your way once you give it a time. Until then, just keep your attention on your daughter because she will suffer the most in this all.”

I took a deep sigh and agreed to whatever my mother said to me. I was going to give it a time. I already gave ten years, didn't I? Mom and I then talked about my relationship with Austin. I told her how happy I was with him before Lauren came along and now I don't find him appealing anymore. An hour or so later, Sofia and Allison joined the two of us too. I asked Sofia about her college and she told me how she wanted to join the arts college. I was very glad that she decided to study further and I knew she would make a name for herself, she was really talented. Just as much as Lauren.

Soon, it was time for my daughter and I to leave. Allison hugged Sofi tight, their relationship was very strong and I loved seeing my daughter and my baby sister together. As soon as they broke the hug my mum picked my daughter up in her arms and kissed her all over. I knew Allison was annoyed as hell but I couldn't stop laughing. It reminded me how my late grandmother used to do the same with me. My late grandmother, who was the biggest fan of the girl I was in love with.

Finally Allison and I headed back to my apartment. Throughout the ride my daughter entertained me with the things she did with her grandma and aunt. She was so excited about everything and I couldn't stop smiling at any point. Allison told me how Sofia told her about her school and friends and I was pretty sure that Allison didn't understand half of it since Sofi had a thick vocabulary, she didn't use easy words. Not even for children but the excitement in Allison's eyes told me that Sofia did make and exception this time.

As soon as we reached our home, my daughter demanded for our favorite pizza. I let her choose the flavor since I knew that the both of us liked the same one and ended up ordering the Hawaiian pizza boxes. The two of us got comfortable and wore our pajamas and t-shirts and waited for the food to arrive. And then we got into a heated argument. She wanted to watch the Frozen for the hundredth time while I on the other hand wanted to watch the Lion King for the hundredth time. I had had enough of Frozen but still, Allison won the argument.

The pizza arrived as soon as Elsa turned Arendelle into ice and snow and we dug in like there was no tomorrow. I was so lucky to forget about Lauren and all the problems in my life for a little while. It was just me and Allison and everything was perfect. We didn't reach the movie end when suddenly someone banged hard on the front door and rang the doorbell a couple times. Both groaning, Allison and I got up from the couch and paused the movie as I walked towards the door to open it.

“Surprise!”

Dinah and Normani stood there with the biggest grins on their faces. They held balloons which said “congratulations” and a bottle of champagne. My daughter being herself, got so excited to see the balloons and jumped into Normani's arms to get it from her while Dinah hugged me and soon Normani attacked the two of us too. I looked at the two surprise guests and raised an eyebrow for some kind of an explanation.