Masquerade Shopping (Devin Sola Request)

Masquerade Shopping

A Devin Sola Imagine

Word Count: 853

Warnings: fluff

Author's Note: This imagine is for @midnight_moon_light - I hope you enjoy your imagine!

The aroma of eggs filled your kitchen as well as the rest of your home. You had just gotten out of bed. Now you were cooking breakfast for you and your boyfriend Devin. Just as you were almost finished, he came walking down the stairs. You smiled at him and he came over to you.

You closed your eyes as Devin took you into his arms and pressed a soft kiss to your lips. Your arms were wrapped around his neck and his hands held onto your waist. After a few sweet moments, you finished your cooking. Both of you soon sat down at the table and began to eat.

During your meal, you and Devin discussed your plans for the day. Neither of you had work or any events to attend, so you would have the whole day to yourselves. Once you were finished eating, you went outside to get the mail. You saw something unusual, something different. It was a crimson envelope that caught your eye.

You brought the mail, including the envelope, inside to Devin. You presented the envelope to him and you both looked at it's contents. Inside was an invitation to a masquerade ball! A smile spread across your face and excitement began to well up inside you.

"This looks like fun," Devin says, "You wanna go?"

"I would love to!" You reply.

The two of you ditched your previous plans for the day and got ready to go out. You guys would need some proper attire for the masquerade ball. You were extremely excited! Devin drove you both to a store with fancy gowns and all kinds of tuxedos.

When you walked into the store, the sight of all the luxury made your heart skip a beat. There were so many styles and colors of gowns and tuxedos. A woman assisted you as you looked around, trying to decide on what kind of gown to purchase. Devin came with you as well.

You walked by a rack of gowns, some bejeweled, some lacy, some shimmery. You glided your fingers along the fabrics. You picked out a few to try on. Devin picked out some gowns for you as well, getting your approval before hanging them up in your dressing room.

Eventually you went into your dressing room to try on some gowns. You first tried on a black, ruffled dress. It was quite simple; too simple for a masquerade. Afterwards you tried on another black dress with purple details and lace sleeves. It wasn't quite perfect enough, so you tried on yet another dress.

Some time passed before you finally found the perfect gown for the masquerade. It had red sleeves and red down the back and sides, with black in the middle. There were small red bows on the sleeves and glittery details. It was dark but elegant. You loved it and it was tailored to fit you just right.

You fixed your hair before opening the dressing room door. You walked out to show Devin the gown. He was looking down at his phone until you got his attention. Devin's phone slipped right out of his hands as he stared at you. He was totally speechless.

"Midnight..." He breathed out.

You blushed and looked down at the floor. Devin got up and walked over to you. He touched the gown, his fingers sliding along the skirt. You smiled and looked into his eyes when his gaze met yours.

"You look...I can't even find the words." Devin says.

"Thank you." You say quietly. "This is the one."

"Definitely. We'll get it."

You took your gown up to the front desk and then helped Devin look for his masquerade tuxedo. He decided to go with an elegant look as well. Devin picked out a pair of simple, black tuxedo pants. Then he picked out a jacket to go with it and a red vest to match with your gown. You picked out a red tie for him and then he tried it all on.

You sat and waited for Devin to get dressed in his masquerade attire. Not much later he exited his dressing room. Your eyes scanned his slim body. The tuxedo looked amazing on him and you couldn't help but stare.

"You like it?" Devin asks you.

"I love it. It looks amazing, Dev."

"Thank you." He says smirking.

He walks over to you, placing his lips onto yours. After a kiss or two, Devin got changed and you both went to pay for your masquerade outfits. Once you guys were all done, you went home. During the drive you and Devin sang along to the songs on the radio whilst laughing and smiling. It was a lot of fun and you two really enjoyed yourselves.

When you got home, you guys decided to spend the rest of your time baking and watching movies together. You made a huge mess in the kitchen, but you had loads of fun. And you had made some delicious dessert. You two couldn't wait for the masquerade ball next week. It would surely be a beautiful, elegant night.