A Gift of Oddity (Josh Balz)

A Gift of Oddity

A Josh Balz Imagine

Word Count: 733

Warnings: fluff

You laid in your bed, surrounded by flowers and balloons. You had surgery recently, so your friends and family had brought you several gifts. You had been staying in bed for the past few days, resting up and regaining your strength. Your boyfriend Balz said that he would come over today, so you were waiting for him to arrive. Your family had been helping you out for the past few days and Balz offered to come and take over for a while. Your family had went ahead and accepted his offer.

You were just watching tv, since your family members had left a little while ago. It was almost time for Balz to arrive. You went on your phone for a while, playing some games and checking your social media accounts. Some time later you heard your front door open. A few days ago you had given Balz a spare key to your house so that you wouldn't have to get up to go answer the door.

"Y/N, it's me." Balz calls out to you, walking inside your house.

"Hi Balz! I'm in my bedroom." You call back.

Balz soon opens your bedroom door, walking inside. He smiled at you sweetly, a small box in his hands.

"Hi Y/N. I brought you something." Balz says, walking over to you.

"Balz, that's so sweet, you shouldn't have!" You say as Balz sits on the edge of your bed.

He hands you a black gift box with a blue ribbon. You smiled as you began to open it, looking at the treasures inside. Balz had given you a few interesting things from his oddities shop. He gave you a bat skull, a journal and an adorable taxidermy duckling! You were delighted by Balz' gifts and you thanked him immensely. You placed your new taxidermy duckling on your bedside table, along with your bat skull. You opened the journal and asked Balz to hand you one of your artist pencils.

Balz watches you intently as you begin to draw in the journal, your hand moving precisely. In just a short amount of time, you had drawn one of Balz' tattoos. It was a more simple drawing, but it was really good. Balz was astonished. After drawing the two of you decided to play some board games, since you couldn't really go anywhere. You and Balz were really competitive when you played board games together, it was super adorable. You guys goofed around, making silly bets that you would end up winning.

After a while Balz asked you if you wanted to watch some tv and eat snacks. You said yes and Balz brought you your laptop. Then he went into your kitchen and made a big bowl of buttery popcorn. You scooted over some so that Balz could sit beside you on the bed and turned on your laptop. You and Balz binge watched your favorite tv show for hours. The popcorn quickly disappeared, so Balz went and grabbed some other little snacks for you guys to eat.

You guys laughed and gave your full attention to the shows you were watching. You and Balz loved to hear each other laugh, it always made you smile. Whenever one of you laughed, usually the other would start laughing too. You two loved to watch funny movies, tv shows and videos and just laugh together. It was always so much fun! You loved to goof off together.

After watching tv for several hours, you had begun to fall asleep. You sleepily leaned your head on Balz' chest, cuddling closely to him. Your eyelids grew heavy and your breathing slowed. You felt Balz wrap his arm around you, rubbing your shoulder. You smiled and placed your hand on his chest. You felt his beating heart, then he placed his other hand on tops of yours.

"I'm so sleepy." You whisper.

"Maybe you should get some rest." Balz says, rubbing your hand.

"Maybe." You say, yawning.

"I love you." Balz whispers.

"I love you too." You say, smiling.

Balz smiles and softly kisses the top of your head. You close your eyes and begin to feel even sleepier. Balz turns off your laptop, placing it on your bedside table. You both lay down flat under the blankets, Balz' strong arms holding you close. You smiled as the two of you fell asleep, slowly slipping away from the world.