Blood Red (Devin Sola Request)

Blood Red

A Devin Sola Request

Word Count: 1,729    

Warnings: fluff

~Requested by Gabby on Tumblr~

It was late in the afternoon and you were upstairs in your bedroom. You were doing laundry whilst singing along to a Motionless in White song. Devin, your vampire boyfriend, would be coming home from the studio soon. He had been there all day and you couldn't wait to see him and give him a big hug. You also planned on asking Devin if he wanted to go out to dinner.

"I know, the only words that you have for me, are give up and get out!" You sang at the top of your lungs.

You continued to sing as you put your clothes away. Once you were done, you went downstairs to watch tv. You waited and waited for Devin to come home. Eventually you heard a car door shut outside. You rushed to your front door, opening it. You saw Devin standing by his car, breathing heavily.

You furrowed your eyebrows, concerned about him. You decided not to approach him just yet. You waited silently, standing in the doorway. You were confused as to what was going on; Devin continued to stand with his back towards you. He had not yet seen you standing there waiting for him.

You decided to go inside and let Devin have a breather. You quietly shut the front door as you walked back inside. You went back to the couch, resuming your television show. Several more minutes passed. You couldn't help but feel a bit anxious. You had only seen Devin act in this manner one other time; the time that he had not fed in a while and gotten too bloodthirsty.

About two years ago, Devin had came home and was breathing heavily, just like he was a few minutes ago, and his eyes had turned blood red. When you approached him, he had yelled at you to stay away. At the time you had not known what was going on, therefore you thought that he was angry at you for some reason. Devin had left you crying and heartbroken, only to come back the next morning explaining everything to you.

He had felt horrible for making you feel that way. You felt horrible as well, for coming to such a harsh conclusion without much evidence. You two had cried together that night. After that event, Devin explained to you all of his vampiric urges. You learned a lot more about him as both a vampire and a person.

Now you sat on the couch, worrying. What if that's what's happening now? You thought. You spent the next two minutes worrying about Devin and your own safety. You even considered leaving the house for a few hours. If Devin had went too long without feeding off of someone's blood again, you were surely in danger.

Your thoughts and worries were interrupted by the sound of Devin pushing the front door open. You gasped and shut off the tv. You heard his heavy footsteps walking inside the house. You got on the ground, staying low. You held your breath and prayed that Devin would say something.

Instead of saying something to calm you down or reassure you that everything was ok, Devin walked to the kitchen. You slowly got up, looking over the couch. Devin was sitting at the kitchen table. His breathing was still abnormal and his face looked even more pale than usual. You silently cursed, trying to figure out what you should do now.