Chapter 32: Escape from Eichen (pt. 3)

Dedicated to LivLovesWaffles because she planned my funeral :)

Kelsey

I backed up, as I stared at the massive figure before me. This guy was glaring at me in the deadliest way. Yep, this was it. I was going to die. Right here, right now, because of the giant man. I closed my eyes, waiting for the hit, but it never came. The man started to tilt forwards and I instinctively backed up even more. Once he fell, the top of his head was just a few centimeters away from the tip of my feet.

I looked up and away from the fallen man. Liam was panting behind him and looked at me with a small grin on his face as he tried to catch his breath.

"Is he out? "

"Yeah." I answered him.

"Okay." Before I could say anything else, he smashed onto the ground. A second after, Scott opened Meredith's door and looked down at Liam and the huge man. First, he frowned, but then he looked at me and waited for an explanation.

I just shook my head.

Liam recovered and I helped him get up. Scott finally spoke and broke the silence.

"Hey, is it me or does it smell like burnt?" I sniffed the air looking for the smell and it was true, it did smell like burnt.

-

"Parrish?" I asked once I spotted Parrish's body laying on the stairs. I guess he was the one responsible for the burnt smell. "Parrish." I tried to wake him up as he was unconscious. He seemed to start getting better. "Parrish, hey. Can you hear me?"

"How did I get here?" He said confused as he looked around.

"We don't know." Liam told him behind me "We just followed the burning smell."

"Parrish, listen." Scott caught his attention. "Eichen's in lockdown. There's no way for us to get out unless Plan B works."

"Plan B? What's Plan B?"

"Don't worry about it. Right now, we need you to find Lydia."

"Me?" Parrish looked at me and I just raised my shoulders. He frowned.

"Actually, not completely you. We kind of need the other you. The Hellhound."

"Okay and how will I turn into The Hellhound?"

He was right. He didn't control his transformations. We needed to think of something that would help him. Maybe if we set him on fire... But how do we do that? I looked around, looking for something useful. I spotted what seemed like a cleaning cart and walked up to it. I started picking up every spray bottle and looking for the small squared symbol.

C'mon... Something inflammable...

I finally spotted a spray bottle with it but now I needed...

"A lighter." To my surprise, Liam quickly started looking on his pockets and handed me a lighter. I looked at him trying to imagine where did he get that from, but I decided to leave that for later. "I need you to stand up." I demanded Parrish and he did as told. I handed Scott Liam's lighter so he could hold it as I spray Parrish with fire.

It worked. And we followed him, watching him make his way to Lydia, burning the mountain ash right out of the walls. He got us in the subsoil when he started moving faster. There was smoke and it was dark so soon we lost track of him. Suddenly, a muffled scream is heard and before I could do anything I felt Liam wrapping me up in his arms and covering my body as we fall to the ground. Not knowing what just happened, the only thing I could put my mind on was what I was seeing. Parrish's figure walking out of the smoke whilst carrying Lydia.