Chapter 31: Escape from Eichen (Pt. 2)

Liam

"We're getting Lydia out of here."

Scott wanted us to get up and continue trying, but I wasn't going to do so. I was paralyzed once I noticed Kelsey wasn't moving. Once I pushed away the guard electrocuting her and I saw she wasn't recovering, my heart sunk and I felt the anxiety taking over me. I got on my knees next to her and cupped her burning face on my hands. She was still breathing, what calmed me down, and she slightly opened her eyes as she tried to orientate herself.

"Kelsey." I called her. "Kelsey, are you okay?" She looked straight into my eyes with some tears forming on hers. She took a deep breath and nodded as she exhaled. She placed her hand on my cheek and stared at me with a weak smile, what unconsciously made me smile too. Suddenly her smile faded and she broke eye contact with me. I sensed pessimistic scents coming out of her. I couldn't tell what it was, but it felt like something between sadness and... grief? I looked at her confused as she sat up right before a single tear rolled down her cheek. She tried to get up and I helped her without hesitation. Once we both were up, she placed her head on my chest and stood still for a moment.

"We're getting Lydia out of here." I whispered. "I promise." She nodded and gave me another weak smile. We pulled apart and looked at Scott ready to get out of this hell. But one thing that I couldn't get out of my mind and was starting to bug me was Kelsey's scent.

It was different.

Kelsey

"Kelsey." I heard Liam calling me but my mind wasn't there at the moment. "Kelsey, are you okay?"

I remember that night perfectly. I remember the laughter, the caresses and the passion. The way we kissed and held each other. I remembered my hands running down his back, his caressing my sides, his hot breath on my neck and just the feeling of our skin against each other. I'd never felt so loved like I did that night. I think it made us realize how much we love and care bout each other. I'm sure I will never forget it.

Not like the way we forgot to put on a condom.

I suddenly woke up from my daydream and came back to my senses. Apparently, my hand was on Liam's cheek and I slowly pulled it away as I felt a slight pain in the back of my eyes indicating I was going to cry. The baby.

My baby.

I sat up as a tear rolled down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away. My whole body was sore, but I didn't feel anything on my stomach. No pain, nothing feeling weird. I tried to get up, my muscles hurting like hell. Liam helped me up and once I was up I couldn't help but hug him. I was so confused and scared at the same time... I just wanted to go home with Lydia and never leave the house. I don't know how but Liam seemed to read my thoughts.

"We're getting Lydia out of here." He whispered against my hair. "I promise."

I nodded and gave him a weak smile as I pulled away. Liam was way too good. I shouldn't be hiding anything from him, but I couldn't just tell him. There was a doubt, a fear deep inside me that wouldn't let me tell him. Maybe it was the fear of loosing him.

"All right." Scott walked towards the broken gate behind us. "We need to figure out another way to get into this Closed Unit."

"How do we get through the mountain ash?" I said with a weak voice. I still felt the heat being ejected out of my body from the electrocution. I looked at the motionless guards on the floor for a moment and I mentally laughed at them.

"I don't know yet."

"But there's somebody else here that might be able to help us." My attention was caught by Scott's words. I looked at him confused but Liam took the words out of my mouth before I could say anything.

"Who?"

Scott turned to us before answering. "Meredith."

-

I closed the door behind me as we walked into Meredith's room. At first I thought she was staring at me, but then I realized she wasn't actually moving at all. She was alive, for sure. I could hear her heartbeat. But if I couldn't do so, I would have actually thought she was dead. She was just sitting on a chair in the middle of the room staring at nothing.

The three of us shared a look to see who was going to talk to her. Scott raised his eyebrows towards me and then nodded towards Meredith. I nodded back at him and slowly walked and ducked in front of Meredith.

"Hey." I softly said but I didn't get a response from her. "Meredith, can you hear me? We need your help."

"We're trying to find Lydia." Scott added and ducked as I got up. "We're trying to get her out of here." He held her hand when he saw he wasn't getting anything from her.

"Guys, I think we better go." Liam anxiously said and I walked next to him to look out the door glass.

"Meredith, listen. There has to be another way to get to Lydia. We can't get past the mountain ash. How do we find her?"

Scott got up and was about to turn away but we all were in shock when Meredith stopped him by holding his hand. She slowly placed it behind her neck, waiting for Scott to nail his claws in it and finally get what we wanted.

"I could hurt you." Scott refused to do it but Meredith did not back up. "Okay." With that, they both entered in a trance we'd better not interrupt.

Liam and I were amazed and anxious at the same time. This could go really badly if we weren't careful. I thought nothing could pull us away from watching until a loud bell was heard followed by a metallic screech. We both shared a look and Liam opened the door to check outside. He instantly came back in and closed the door.

"Wha-"

"There's people coming." He whispered alarmed and my first instinct was to look outside. My eyes widened when I spotted the two men coming towards Meredith's room and I looked at Scott and then at Liam.

"What do we do?" I asked and Liam just looked down, nervously scratching the back of his neck. Then, after a second, we stopped and looked up at me. I frowned at him before he quickly opened the door and closed it before I could get out with him. I tried to open it but he was pushing the other way to make sure it wouldn't give.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I banged the door glass with my fists, trying to make him listen to me and maybe break the glass. It didn't work in none of the cases. Suddenly his eyes started to glow and he let out a growl before he literally destroyed the door locker, locking me inside.

"Liam!"

One of the men attacked him but he threw him to the floor without even trying. The other man jumped on him, but hopelessly ended the same way as his mate. While Liam smiled proudly and victoriously, I managed to break the door open. It looked like I was finally fully recovered. We looked at each other, both with glowing eyes from the recent supernatural effort. He looked like he was about to say something but the same bell and noise we heard before cut him off. We both looked away at the same time, just to fine the largest man I'd ever seen glaring at us.

"Oh, shit."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!! Sorry this chapter is shorter :s I promise next week's will be longer!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it ;)

If you did please comment/vote!!

And I'll try to update again next week :)

Byee xx > Alba