Chapter 15: "I Can Take Away The Pain"

Quick A/N: Okay, before I start this chapter, I have been wanting to rewrite my story Can't Go Back for a time now. A few days ago I posted the edited version of "Take Off Your Helmet" (Chapter 5 of CGB) and I explained everything. So if you wanna check it up I would appreciated. I hope you enjoy this chapter :) Here's the link to the edited chapter:

https://www.wattpad.com/160586075-can%27t-go-back-➳-liam-dunbar-book-1-dylan

Kelsey

I was still trying to get out of the grip that was holding me against the ground. I was sweating, tired and my throat hurt. I hadn't heard Liam's voice in a considerate period of time. I decided to finally give up when the lights started flashing and really louds sounds started to echo all around the room we were in.

Suddenly, a hand covered my mouth making me try to get it away but then remembered I couldn't move. I tried to scream too but then remembered I didn't have voice either.

I started to really worry. Whoever's this hand was, I didn't have an escape.

I admit at first I thought it was one of the Doctors, until I realized the Doctors had this kind of iron gloves and the hand that was touching me was bare, in fact, even soft.

Finally, I saw Theo's face above me and felt the most relieved I had have that night. He was creeping on the floor and had his index finger on his lips indicating me to keep silence. He, somehow, set me free and I could finally move my extremities. I tried to reach for him and I held into his arm. He took me out of there, I don't know where we went through to sneak out, but we did it.

We left Liam and Hayden behind and I wasn't sorry at all.

-

I couldn't remember a thing since Theo got me out of wherever we were. There was something blocking my brain that just omitted that part. Once we got out of there, the exact moment I stepped on the outside, it was all gone. It was like I had been under anesthesia. But I knew the Doctors hadn't got me again. I knew it because when I started being conscious and remembering again I was with Theo, in my room. I didn't know why we were there or how, but there were a lot of things I didn't know why they had happened. So, why worry for anything anymore? Theo saved me; I wouldn't reproach it to him.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked me as I sat on my bed, with no expression on my face.

"I'm fine, thanks." To my surprise, my voice was a lot better. It wasn't fully recovered but at least you could hear it.

"Are you sure?" I looked up at him. I wasn't fine, of course not. But I didn't want him to see me crying. "Kelsey, I saw it." He sat down next to me; I never stopped looking at him. "I saw how he tried to get to her, how he was looking at her and how he screamed her name."

Tears started to fall from my eyes as that experience came back to my mind. I had to start accepting it, I needed to. He preferred her instead of me. He was happier with her than with me. He wanted to be with her and not me.

"Kelsey," Theo made me look at him again. "I know you want answers. You feel confused and hurt." Yes, I did. "I can give you all the answers. I can protect you from anything." He could protect me. "I can give you what you deserve, what he didn't give you." He could. "I can take away the pain."

"Please..."

The gap between us quickly went away. His hands on my face, mine on his neck. Our lips moving together. We kissed and everything that was worrying me faded. He was right; he could give me all the answers.