Chapter 1: "We Should've Left Him Chained To The Tree"

"My friends." Said the strawberry blonde girl as the sound of thunder cracking was heard and rain was falling all over her indefensive body. She was staring at the male figure who was looking back at her. She felt the cold, wet ground under her knees, as she kept looking up with a lost look. Then, in the darkness of the night, she let out some barely audible words.

"They're all going to die."

Kelsey

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" Liam said once again.

"Yeah," I looked down at him "twice."

He rolled his eyes and moved under the chains that were attaching him to the tree I was climbed on. We can't let him free since what happened last full moon. I, surprisingly, didn't have any trouble with the full moons. Okay, maybe the first one was a bit... out of control. As every first full moon but, everyone is surprised about how fast I had learned.

Scott and Stiles were discussing about university and senior year. Where were they going to live, how much would it cost, what would Malia do... I really don't want them to leave. They are my pack, my friends and since, obviously, Lydia may go to Stanford, I don't want to lose the rest of my family.

Okay, we can check out the East Bay.

I kept hearing Stiles' voice in my ear like he was next to me, when in reality he was 20 yards away. And he wasn't screaming or something.

"Kelsey..."

"Shh!" I hushed at Liam as I tried to listen the conversation.

You ever hear of regression to the mean?

"Please."

It was his way of saying that life can't ever be all bad or all good. You know, eventually things have to come back to the middle.

"Shut up."

We've been pretty much in the middle for a while. Which means, at some point, the scale has to tip one way or the other. Things are gonna get really good again. Or really bad.

I think Liam had listened that too since he shut up and looked up at me with a worried look. Scott was right. I had a feeling things were going to get bad. After Mexico, after I became a werewolf, things had only go up. And sooner or later our luck was going to fail us. But Stiles interrupted my deep thoughts.

Do you think it's been long enough?

Liam raised his head like a dog when it hears the door ring.

"Yes!"

"No!" I said at the same time and he looked up at me with a frowned expression. "We're having a good time in here!"

"Hey! Trying to have an adult conversation over here." Stiles said annoyed, since he didn't like Liam.

"You're only two years older than us." I shut him down.

"And I'm fine." Liam added trying to finally get what he wanted. "Just let me go."

"It's not that we don't trust you-" Scott said but Stiles cut him off.

"It's that I don't trust you."

"But after that last full moon..."

"It was one slip up." Liam defended himself. I decided to stay silence and enjoy the show.

"Slip up? A dozen calls to the Sheriff's Department about a 'monstrous dog-boy' running around the streets of Beacon Hills naked. That's a slip up?"