Chapter 13: Lies, Lies, Lies...

Kelsey

"Help!"

"No!" I sat up on my bed, my breathing accelerated, sweaty and with shaky hands.

It was the memory; it showed up in a dream. Well, better said nightmare. It was as clear as it was last time. It was exactly the same. The woods, the kid and me running. I still don't know if it was a girl or a boy, but really it wasn't that important if what I kept seeing actually happened.

I looked to my side. Liam wasn't there, he was there when I fell asleep. I looked around and it wasn't anywhere. I could only hear myself hyperventilating while I cried, nothing more.

The door to my bathroom opened, light coming in to my room. Liam came out of it and I automatically got up, still on in. I walked on it on my knees until I reached the edge that was closer to the bathroom.

"Liam." I cried as I opened my arms asking him for a hug, what he didn't hesitated to do. I was expecting to feel his bare torso, since he went to sleep with me shirtless, but instead I felt his cold jacket.

"Don't worry, Kelsey." He said stroking my hair. His hands were cold too. "Don't worry, baby, it was a nightmare."

"Why are you dressed up?" I asked him after I pulled away, dried my tears and turned on the light on my side table. Now I could see he was fully dressed, as if he had gone outside.

"Scott has been here a moment ago." He quickly said. "He wanted to talk to me and Lydia, so we went outside to not disturb."

I nodded and watched him take his clothes off until he was left only in boxers. He got under the sheets with me and I rested my head in his now bare chest while he wrapped his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around him too, not wanting to let him go.

My eyelids started to get heavier by the second. The sleep was taking over me. But before my eyes closed, I managed to say something more.

"Please, don't leave me."

And before I completely fell, I managed to hear Liam's reply.

"I-I won't, Kels." He nervously whispered. "I won't."

Liam

Once again, I lied to her and left her.

It was true that I had seen Scott, but only to look on Hayden while I was here. When Kelsey first fell asleep this night I snuck out and when to Sinema, where Hayden works, and tried to pay her what we owned her. She was a chimera, what only meant the dread doctors were going to go after her. I didn't want them to get her, I didn't want her to get hurt. That was the last thing I wanted. I had told Hayden about the supernatural, I even turned in front of her.

She punched me in the face.

Luckily, I healed before I came back to Kelsey's house. Hayden was at mine. She locked herself at my bathroom and wouldn't come out. I called Scott and Stiles as soon as we arrived but then I remembered about Kels, so I came back.

Kelsey had fallen asleep again. I stared at her for a moment, feeling really bad. Then I got out of bed, making sure I didn't wake her up. I got dressed and grabbed my things. Before I went out the door, I looked back at Kelsey. She looked so beautiful laid in her bed, sleeping peacefully.

She has changed a lot since I met her, and we've been through a lot to get to where we were. I suffered a lot when she left me once, and now I was the one leaving.

I was leaving.

Stiles

Liam came into his bedroom and closed the door behind him. I believed he said he was going to get Kelsey, but he came alone. And Hayden was locked in his bathroom; I really didn't want to know where they were or why they were together.

"Where's Kelsey?" I asked Liam as he took off his jacket and left it on his bed. "I thought you were going to her place."

"She was asleep. I didn't want to wake her up." There was something in his eyes that made me doubt his answer. He looked at Scott, who was nodding at him, while I was not that convinced. They turned to the bathroom door, so I just did too.

"Hayden? It's Scott." Scott said to the closed door. "I know that you're scared, but we just... We want to help." There was no answer. Scott turned to us.

"I can hear her heart beating. She's really freaked out." He said and then looked at Liam. "What happened?"

"She was okay when we got here. I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"Why?" I, kind of rudely, asked. There was something in his voice too.

"I don't know."

"She's definitely a Chimera?"

"She said she heard a voice saying, 'Your condition improves'."

"Okay, that's unsettling." I said and got close to the door. I was going to try to talk to her. Let's see if it worked. "Hayden. This is Stiles. Your sister works for my dad down at the station. Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us." I assured her, but again, no answer. Scott got close to the door again and tried one more time.

"We just need to tell you the truth, Hayden. And that kind of thing usually is better face-to-face." But once again, only silence. "Listen, either you're gonna unlock the door or I'm gonna have to break it open. It's okay if you don't want to talk, or if you're not ready to believe us. But I just I gotta know that you're okay in there."

Scott was about to break the door open when it suddenly unlocked. It slowly opened and Hayden showed up. Her eyes were glowing yellow; she had fangs and claws instead of nails. Her breath was accelerated and she was looking at us scared.

"I believe you."

Scott stood talking to Hayden and explaining her everything she needed to know. Another one joining the inner circle. Liam kept looking at her in a strange way, not a good one, though. He was dumbfounded looking at her and smiling every time they made eye contact.

Did he forget he had a girlfriend?

I had never really liked him, but I swear to God, if he hurt Kels the possibilities of that happening would disappear. I am so protective about Kelsey since she was like my little sister. We had gotten really close through the years and I would make anybody pay if they did something to her.

"Liam, can I talk to you for a moment?" I asked him, the smile he had on his face looking at Hayden disappearing. I pulled him out of the room, while Scott kept talking. "Look, there's nothing wrong with what you're doing for Hayden. But I need you to assure me that there's nothing more than friendship between you two." His eyes filled with something similar to guilt. "You might be my best friend's beta, but you're not mine. I would not hesitate to consider you out of this pack if you hurt Kelsey. Do you understand?"

He nodded without saying a word and went back to his room. I was being really serious. I don't want Kelsey depressed now that the doctors are here and she knows her eyes are blue. No one was going to hurt her while I was there to avoid it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heeeyy guys here's a new update and a lot earlier!!!!

And that is 'cause iT'S MA B-DAY YAAAAS!! 15 finally!!

I'm sorry it's short, but I did it that way because then I could write more for the next one :)

Also, I'm sorry if I can't update anytime soon. As I told you it's my birthday and I'm on vacation all week. I'm not saying I'm not going to update this week, I just don't know when I will be able to :)

Well, if you enjoyed this chapter please, comment/vote!

Here's a link to Can't Go Back, if you hadn't read it yet: https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/19534446-cant-go-back-liam-dunbar-book-1-dylan-sprayberry-teen-wolf

I'll update again this week :)

Byeee > Alba