Chapter 21: Potentially Hypothermic

Kelsey

The phone sound that indicated no one was answering rang for the ninth time, making me to give up on the call. Once I put the phone down the hospital room went silence again and the only thing we could hear was our breath and heartbeats.

"Malia isn't answering." Nor did Lydia or Stiles. "I'm running out of battery. Maybe we should just call Scott. "

Liam's heart started beating faster.

"I don't think he would answer." His words were too nervous. We stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds, realizing we didn't know what we were going to do. I was exhausted. These past days had been really tiring and I just wanted to go home and rest.

I looked down to my feet and closed my eyes while taking a deep breath. I felt Liam's arms wrapping around me as he pulled me close to him and hugged me. I buried my face on his chest inhaling his scent and enjoying his presence. I loved him so much. I didn't want to pull away from him ever again. But I knew something would eventually come between us.

It had been about half an hour since we heard Scott's roar and we hadn't move yet. No one was answering the phone and I was starting to really worry. I just wanted everything to be normal again.

Liam pulled away and I looked up at him. He knew how I felt, he could feel it too. He kissed my forehead and then looked down at my hands, he held the one that was holding my phone. He looked into my eyes again and bit his bottom lip.

"Call Scott." He simply said. "If it will make you feel better."

"Okay." I knew it wouldn't make me feel better. If Scott answered he wouldn't tell me everything is all right and we're all safe. If someone answered it would only tell us bad news.

I was about to press on Scott's contact to call him when the phone started ringing. It was an unknown number and I looked up at Liam for a second before looking back down at my phone.

"Hello." I picked it up.

"Kelsey." A masculine voice talked from the other side. I recognized instantly.

"Parrish? How did you get my number?"

"That doesn't matter right now. Kelsey, listen, you need to go to the hospital." Well, that's pretty easy, we were already in the hospital.

"Sure but why, Parrish?"

"It's-" I put my phone down when Parrish stopped talking. I looked at the black screen and sighed as I realized it had run out of battery.

"What happened?" Liam asked as I put my phone back in my pocket.

"I don't know, he couldn't tell me." I told him looking to the room door. "Do you know how to get to the normal hospital from here?"

"No, we would need to go outside and go in through the main entrance."

"Well, let's go then." We walked through the halls until we were out of that hospital zone. We walked round the hospital to the main entrance but once we were almost there, Liam stopped.

He was staring at a police car and his heartbeat had rose.

"Liam?"

"Who's gonna tell her?" He said without looking at me.

"Tell who? Tell what?" I got closer to him.

"Hayden's sister." He finally looked at me, with watery eyes. "Someone's got to tell her about Hayden."

"Yeah, somebody has to, but not right now." I told him knowing what he was thinking. "And somebody doesn't have to be you. All right, especially looking like this. I mean, what if they think you killed her?"