Chapter 27: Knifes

Kelsey

It was just a theory but it made sense. The Dread Doctors were not killing people; they were just hiding the bodies. They were covering for it, like a parent would. They were protecting a werewolf.

The Beast.

Before the Beast, this person was a serial killer in 1598 known as the Demon Tailor. He lured children into his shop in Paris, where he would kill them and boil the flesh off their bones to eat. The courts believed the crimes so horrible; they ordered all the documents destroyed. To this day, no one knows his real name. So the Dread Doctors resurrected a killer who was so bad that he had to literally be erased from history.

A killer that became a werewolf and probably made him a better killer.

It sounded crazy, but with Corey’s information and by what we knew so far, it could actually be true. But it was just a theory.

“By order of the Sheriff, a county-wide curfew goes into effect tonight at sundown. All after-school activities are canceled until further notice. Students should go directly home at the end of the school day.”

A man’s voice talked through the school speakers as Liam and I walked down the hallway towards our next class.

“This is excessive.” I said referring myself to what we just heard before I took a bite to the sandwich I had in my hands.

“I think it’s a good idea.” Liam pointed, but right as he talked, a man with a shotgun walked past us. I rose by eyebrows at Liam since I had my mouth filled with food. Liam looked at me biting his bottom lip. “Okay, maybe thisis a little too much.” He agreed. “But I still think you should have not come, not after Theo’s threat.”

I told him about my encounter with Theo last night, while we were warning Scott about what we thought were the Doctors intentions. He insisted I should not go anywhere where Theo was.

“I don’t see it as a threat.” I repeated for what I thought it was the fourth time. “It was a warning. He will come for me and I will be ready.” I bit my sandwich again. “I’m not afraid of him.” I don’t know if he could understand me.

“You’re not afraid, but what about the others?” He stopped and I mimicked him. “I am afraid something is going to happen to you.”

“Nothing is going to happen to me.” I lied. But I didn’t know what it was going to happen. I just knew Theo wouldn’t do anything to me in school; he didn’t want it to be in a public place. “Besides, as long as I am with you, I will be safe.”

“Kelsey…”

“Trust me.” I cut him off before he could start again saying how I shouldn’t be so sure he would be able to protect me. “Just trust me in this one.”

Before Liam could reply, my phone interrupted us. I had a text from Stiles.

It’s important. Wait for me outside.

-