Chapter 8: Gay Club-ing

"Someone is trying to make supernatural creatures with non-supernatural means." The druid veterinary said as he held a jar with werewolf claws in his hands. "And whoever they are, they're somehow managing to blur the lines between science and the supernatural."

"But there's more." Interrupted the Alpha and looked at the Kitsune sat between them. "Liam said he found another hole out in the woods."

"Burying them could be part of their process, a kind of incubation."

"What are we supposed to do?" The Kitsune stood up.

"Same thing you've always done. Protect your friends. Protect each other." The two seniors looked at each other but then the druid kept talking. "And specially protect Kelsey."

"Of course, but why?"

"She has turned from a Banshee into a werewolf. The same way other werewolves found out you are a true alpha," He looked at the tall guy. "they are going to find her out. These people, or whoever they are, will find sooner or later. And when they do, they will go after her." Both teenagers frowned at him so he'd keep explaining. "She might have a shapeshifter gen in her DNA, which may enable the creation of a being capable of changing into any supernatural creature, without being a visible mutation of only two or three different ones."

The rules have changed.

Kelsey

I sighed as I watched Scott and Kira write and review their notebooks. We were in the library, they studying and me doing nothing. Why wasn't I in the hospital with my sister? I don't know, ask them. They wouldn't let me get too far from them and they were there every time one of my classes ended.

But what pissed me off the most was that Stiles and Malia got to the hospital without me going or even knowing.

I let out another sigh as I glared at Scott, then at Kira, then at Scott again; waiting for one of them two say something but didn't work. Before I could break the silence Scott stood up and turned to his left, Kira as well. I turned too to find Stiles and Malia coming towards us. I sat straight when I saw them as I waited for them to talk.

"Did you get in to see Lydia?" I asked as they got to our table and placed a thick book on it. The Bestiary.

"No." He simply answered me looking sorry. "I tried using my free period but she's still in the ICU and no one outside family is allowed in."

"Well..."

"I said no, Kelsey." Scott cut me off when he heard me. I was tired of wearing him telling me I couldn't get out of school alone. "You are not going out of school alone."

"I could have gone with them."

"Yeah, why not? She should have came befo-" Stiles immediately shut up when Scott and Kira glared at him. He turned to me and pressed his lips in a thin line. "Yeah, you can't."

I rested my crossed arms on the table as a sulked expression grew on my face again.

"We got one thing." Malia opened the Bestiary and Kira started turning the pages.

"Anything in here about half-werewolves, half-Kanimas?"

"The Chimera." Scott suddenly said.

"Um, what?" I asked making all of them look at me in surprise, my tone wasn't rude and I used to be rude when I was sulked.