Chapter 16: Cut The Rope

Kelsey

"Scott Scott, slow down." Stiles kept telling Scott as we all followed him around his place. "Just think for a second, okay? Mason should be going."

"Liam's my best friend." Stated Mason. "I'm going."

"Oh, did you suddenly get super wolf powers? I wasn't aware of that development."

"Well, if you're not going, I could use the help." Scott finally stopped.

"No, I'm coming just as soon as I talk to my dad. They're moving the body and he wants to make sure that this time no one steals it."

"How's he gonna do that?"

"I don't know." Stiles admitted. "But whoever took the last one was strong enough to flip my Jeep."

"We can bring Theo." Malia said as she walked towards Scott and Mason, next to him. I was about to say something and volunteer to go with them, but Theo was ahead and stopped me by holding my hand again.

"Maybe I better stay here." He said and looked down, at our interlocked fingers, but it actually looked like he was staring at the floor. "You know, in case the Doctors decide to make a house call for Corey."

"Scott, Stiles is right." Lydia talked catching Scott's attention. "We need to slow down and think."

"I am thinking about how Liam and Hayden could already be dead." A really bad thought came to my mind when he said that and I was actually confused about it.

"You could've hurt him, Scott." She said without mentioning Corey's name. "Really hurt him."

"I have to find Liam." With that, he turned around and left out of there, Mason following him. But before Malia could join them, Stiles stopped her.

"Hey, text me. For anything."

Stiles left some minutes after them. The only thing we could do was wait for them to come back. Lydia told me a lot about the memory tapping. Apparently, if someone did it to me, not only that person could see it, but also me. I needed to know what I did, it was killing me. But I didn't have that nightmare again, at least not last night, when I was with Theo. Lydia was currently cleaning the dry blood off Corey's neck as I had finished asking him about the tapping.

"It healed, didn't it?" He asked looking down.

"Yeah. Completely."

"Okay, then." He stood up. "It's been fun. Especially the part where a werewolf forced his way into my brain with his claws." He was heading forwards the door, ready to leave, but we couldn't let him.

"I don't think leaving is such a good idea, Corey." I said trying to make him stay.

"You know, Lydia's a Banshee." Theo helped me.

"Yeah, it means she can tell when someone's close to death."

"Lydia, what happens if he walks out that door?"

"It's bad." My sister walked next to me. "Very bad."

"I'll take my chances."

"Then give us a better chance at finding our friends." Theo stopped Corey. "What else did you see? Come on, Corey, there had to be something else."

"There was the hospital and they took me outta my room." He started reciting again. That's what he had been telling us all this time, it was nothing new.

"And then where?"

"The tunnels. Like I already told you. That's it."

"Yeah, nothing after that?" Corey shook his head, negating.