Chapter 19: Changing Roles

Stiles

Suddenly Kelsey got out of Theo's car and walk towards us. I was sure she had something planned to defeat Theo. To make him regret what he did to her. She would shut him up. He would finally fall, and we would have won.

But all my hope disappeared when she moved towards him and placed a kiss on his lips as he smirked. They pulled away, him wrapping an arm around her waist and her resting hers on his shoulder, both looking at me with evilness in their eyes.

"But... Kelsey, you were back." I knew my face was pale. Why didn't I suppose this? "You promised me."

"Did you really think it would be enough with one 'I love you' and 'We don't want to lose you', you fool?" Theo let out with a chuckle and Kelsey smiled at him.

"Kelsey..."

"We all love you, we don't want to lose you." She mocked my words and said four more before turning to smile to Theo again. "He's right, you idiot."

24 hours before

Liam

"What do you mean, 'No'?" Scott was refusing to save Hayden. He promised me. He promised he would save her and now he was breaking his promise. He lied to me. She was dying because we didn't protect her. She was dying because of my fault.

"Liam, look at her." He calmly said nodding at her. "She's too weak. It will kill her. We don't even know what the mercury's doing to her. We don't even know if it is actually mercury. This can't be the only way to save her life."

"It saved mine."

"You know, that was different. You were hanging off a ledge."

"You promised. You said you'd do everything you could." I said getting even angrier. The full moon wasn't helping.

"Which is why I'm not going to do something I think is going to kill her."

"Are you fucking serious?" Right when he said those words, it remind me of what happened in Mexico. When Kelsey was hurt, he could have bit her, but he didn't want to. Now he was doing the same with Hayden. "Are you doing this again? You didn't want to bite Kelsey back in Mexico."

"She lived."

"But Hayden is not Kelsey!" I don't know whom I was talking to. I was yelling to Scott but it felt like I said those words to myself. I was so angry. Angry with Scott, with myself, with everything.

"There has to be..." Scott started breathing heavily; his asthma wouldn't let him talk. "There has to..."

"Scott." Theo called him behind us and threw him an inhaler. Scott shook it up and breathed it in.

"There's another way to save her."

"Guys, I don't know what the statistics are for surviving a werewolf bite, but she's definitely not surviving this." I turned to look at Hayden in Theo's arms. She was panting more than before and looked paler. "We need to do something."

Kelsey

I sighed again and looked through the passenger's seat window. I felt myself getting sicker with every second. I looked up at the night sky from inside of Stiles' jeep. Some clouds moved away from the moon, showing how full it was. I hated full moons. Even though I could stay in control, I was nervous about this one since it was a super moon. This wasn't like the last one, at least that night I had fun watching Liam being chained to a tree. Ugh, now I was thinking about Liam, not really what I needed.