Chapter 5: They See Me Rolling, They Hatin'

Kelsey

Darkness.

That was the only thing I could see. Darkness. I guess it's the only thing you can see when you're sitting in fetal position, wrapping your knees with your arms and hiding your head in the gap that is created between your thighs and your stomach. It wasn't really confortable, though. I couldn't really breathe well. Something was poking my lower back, and it was starting to hurt me since it had been there for ten minutes.

More darkness.

The sound of keys in someone's hands made me look up. The moonlight hit my face as it came through the window. I covered my eyes because of the sudden light. My neck was already hurting and I stopped feeling my feet a few minutes before.

I'll take the passenger seat when we get there. Kira, you'll go in the back.

I hided my face on the small space in between my legs and torso again when I heard my sister's voice. Thank God they were there. I came back from death once, I had sure I didn't want to die again. And less in Malia's new car. The driver seat door, of which I was sitting behind, opened and Lydia sat on it. Next to her sat, Malia, not looking really excited. And Kira, thankfully, sat in the seat next to where I was. The moonlight started right on the tip of my shoes, so, also with the help of my dark hair and my dark clothes, I was undercovered in the shadow.

"Okay." Said Kira, securing her seat bell. "We're... Oh my God! Where have you come from?!" I didn't let her finish her sentence, since I had got up halfway of it. Lydia turned around when Kira exclaimed and rolled her eyes as she saw me.

"From my mom, I guess." Malia though Kira was still talking to her. She then turned around too and noticed me.

"How did you know? Malia and Kira didn't even get into the house." My sister waited for my explanation.

"Do you remember me having this super hearing ability? Because of the werewolf thing? Yeah, I still got it." I heard they were going to give Malia a little driving lesson, and since I had nothing to do, I decided to sneak out and join them. It's true that they hadn't entered home, but they spent ten minutes gossiping outside.

Lydia drove us to a lonely road where it was sure that Malia could not hit anything or anyone. The road was really wide and empty, but also dark and creepy. Lydia and Malia changed seats so Malia could drive this time.

"Okay." Kira said when she saw Malia was ready. "Hands on the wheel, at 10:00 and 2:00."

"Actually, the recommended position is now 9:00 and 3:00." Lydia corrected her. "At 10:00 and 2:00, a deployed airbag could break your thumbs."

"Mine would heal." Malia added. She had a good point.

"Save your strength." Lydia told her. "And try not to destroy your beautiful new car."

Malia started the car, tightening up her knuckles in the wheel. Her heartbeat raising. The car made a low rumbling, as it started moving.

"All right." Kira tried to cheer up Malia. "Just ease into it. Good, good, okay. There you go."

"Please shut up." Malia simply said as she tried to focus as much as she could.

"No problem. Shutting up."

Malia was doing great until she started going slightly to the left. Then she totally went to the left.

"Uh, Malia... Other way." I said as I held on the edge of the seat.

"Other way." Kira did as me. "Uh, other way."

Malia kept going to the left and then got out of the road.