Chapter 28: Weak

Kelsey

I couldn't let my mother's words affect me too much. If I did, I would break down and it wasn't the right time to do that. I had to learn to let go of what makes me weak. My only objective was to not get killed or let anyone die. Not only the ones close to me, but anyone.

It hurt. It really did. And it hurt that I was trying to ignore it. But it was what I had to do, what I needed to do. I couldn't seem weak...

Stiles pulled me off at Liam's place, since there was where I was staying. I was waiting for Liam in his room, sitting in the edge of his bed. I had sent him a message a few minutes ago and he said he was on his way.

He broke in and I just looked at him. He's breath was accelerated and it seemed like he had been running. He studied my factions and tried to guess, but anyways he asked.

"How did it go?"

"Lydia's not getting worse." I said in a flat tone, looking at him straight in the eyes. "She's not getting better either, though."

He didn't buy it.

"What's wrong?"

"Well, it looks like I'll have to stay with you for a long time," I sighed. He waited for me to keep going and kept a straight expression. "Since my mother's just told me I'm a monster and she doesn't want to see me again."

Liam looked down as I tried to stay calmed. He felt bad for me and I didn't like it. Nobody needed to feel bad for me. He looked up again and grabbed a piece of hair I had in my face. He placed it behind my ear and cupped my cheek, caressing it.

I wanted to melt into his touch, but I didn't know if it was the best to do it. Would that make me weak? Did he make me weak? What made me weak?

I placed my hand over his and pulled it away from my face as I tried to make up my mind.

"It's fine." I ensured him. "I'm okay." I didn't need his compassion.

He didn't seem to believe me so I leaned in and placed a soft kiss on his lips. I pulled away and gave him a small smile, trying my best to make it as real as possible. He smiled, convinced, and gave me a quick kiss again. I wasn't lying, was I? This was not lying I was just hiding the truth.

Our moment was interrupting by me getting up and running towards his bathroom. I threw up everything I had eaten that day. I felt Liam pulling my hair away from my face as I continued to vomit.

"Are you sick?" Liam asked once I finished. I wiped away some tears that had formed in my eyes as coughed.

"I don't think so." I said, my throat a little sore. "I've been eating a lot of junk food lately. It is probably jus that."

Liam nodded and helped me get up. I walked into his room and sat on his bed again.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I didn't talk I just nodded. He sighed and his heartbeat started going faster. I looked at him and he understood I was confused and I wanted him to explain.

"Malia asked me a favor." He started. "She wanted me to tell Scott something for her."

"Why not her?"

"I don't know. " He sighed. "But I can't do it alone."

"Liam." I was the one who sighed this time. "You need to do this alone, you need to talk to Scott."

"He's not really talking to me." I think he forgot that I could hear him even if he mumbled. I gave in and finally agreed to help him, otherwise he would never do it.