Chapter 18: Lying MotherRaeken

"I don't want to talk to them. I just wanna be with you."

"Then, if they talk to you, disconcert them. Confound them, Kelsey."

"Tear them apart if it's necessary."

Liam

"I'll see you second period for History, okay?" I said to Hayden hiding between the school buses. I told her I'd bring her here to be alone, but I just didn't want Kelsey to see us together and mess this even more. "Then lunch."

"I have Math after that."

"So, I'll find you at the bell."

"They only come out after dark though, right?" She smiled. "You don't have to check on me every period."

"I want to." I lied. All I wanted right now was Kelsey.

"Okay."

She leaned forward and pressed her lips against mine. I kissed her back after a second. She wasn't Kelsey at all, and I all wanted was Kelsey. She was all I ever wanted and she would always be. I made a mistake kissing Hayden, choosing her over Kelsey, overprotecting her... I mean, I wanted to protect her, I didn't want her to get hurt, but after I kissed her, all the feelings I thought I felt for her vanished and it was all replaced with guilt.

And that guilt hadn't disappeared yet. Hayden now liked me, and she thought I liked her back. I did... As a friend. She seemed to notice I was kind of disconnected and I got out of my thoughts when she pulled away.

"What's wrong?" She asked as I opened my eyes. I was about to lock looks when I saw a metallic liquid coming out of her nose.

"Hayden..."

"Don't tell anyone." She said touching the substance now on her upper lip. "You can't tell anyone."

Stiles

"Can we talk to Parrish now?" Lydia sighed after telling me we've been running in circles in the woods. We still got nothing about the Nemeton or the bodies Parrish carried here.

"Hang on." I told her, thinking. "If the Nemeton's covered in bodies, shouldn't you be able to find them?"

"Me?"

"Yes, you." I assured her. "That's what you do. You're the Banshee, you find the bodies."

"Well, the Banshee's having an off day, so how about we talk to Parrish?" She insisted. Gosh, why couldn't she let it go?

"We can't."

"Why not?"

"Because one of the bodies... One of them could be..."

"Could be what?" She cut me off wanting me to rush in answering.

"One of them could be a clue."

"I'm leaving now, Stiles." She said walking backwards. "I'm going to talk to Parrish and tell him he's the one taking the bodies. You go and try to talk to Kelsey as we planned." She turned around and I let out a long breath. "It's always better when they know."

"Well then, he should know he owes me a Jeep."

Liam

"Hey." Scott's voice made me jump. "What are you doing?" I finished up taking everything I needed from my locker and closed my bag.

"Nothing." I answered him. His voice sounded really calmed. But maybe he was just waiting for me to say something wrong and then yell at me.

"Hey, Liam, just remember it's a full moon tomorrow. And you're probably already starting to feel it."