Chapter 3: 'Vengeful' My Ass

Kelsey

I don't know how or why, but I managed to wake up that morning. I usually would struggle to get up, specially the first day of school, but for some supernatural, at least that I didn't know, reason I did it. So after congratulating myself, I took my morning shower, got dressed and done my hair and make up before heading down to have breakfast.

"Morning Kels." As I was eating my cereals, Lydia came into the kitchen and greeted me before starting eating her food too.

"Mogmin."

"Kelsey, don't talk if you're eating." Just in that moment, mom came in too and scolded me.

"Fsoree."

"Stop it, please." I did as my mom told me and I swallowed all the food I had in my mouth. I was about to scoop more cereals but then I realized my mum was staring at us and I shared a look with Lydia before mom spoke. "I can't believe you're already going to your second year in High School, Kels." She said looking at me and then looked at Lydia. "And you're in your senior, Lydia. I'm so proud of you both." She let out a loud sigh and looked at us for a more few seconds. Then she realized she had to go. "Oh, God, I'm gonna be late."

"What do you mean, it's not late." I said confused looking at the clock, which indicated we had plenty of time.

"Sweetheart, who do you think opens the doors?"

"That's a good point." Lydia stated as mom kissed us goodbye. A second later she had left; Lydia grabbed her backpack and the car keys. "C'mon, pick up your things. We're going early." I didn't ask or refuse, since I was ready and I had nothing to do.

"All black." Lydia said once I got up and could finally see me from head to toes. "I like it." She approved and I smiled at her as I grabbed my things.

"I always wear black."

-

"I swear I don't like that guy at all." Liam kept complaining as we walked towards our lockers. He was talking about Theo, Scott and Stiles' friend from 4th grade. I actually though he was a good person. He seemed so kind and nice; I didn't know what the problem was. Other than he was too handsome.

"I mean, I see why you're worried." I told him and he raised an eyebrow wanting an explanation. "He's really hot." Then he rolled he's eyes. He's got like great hair, perfect body. You should definitely feel threatened."

Coming from behind us, I heard a group of boys mumbling about me. They were wondering if that was I and saying that I looked different. It has been like this since I arrived there. I wouldn't have enough fingers if I tried to count how many people I've noticed were staring at me when I passed by. I got it, okay, I looked so badass. At least that's what everybody said.

"Damn, babe."

"Thank you." Liam said when he heard the same group of boys. "Because I do." He placed his arm around my waist pulling me closer as he glared at the group of boys, who shut up when they saw him. "Now more than ever."

"Don't worry." I said and pecked him on the lips. At the end of the hall, I spotted Theo talking with his friends. I swear to God I had seen Theo in another place; I just couldn't put my finger on it. My thoughts were interrupted by the school bell, which indicated the classes had started. We had History in the first period and that was where we were heading to. When we were about to get into, Mason ran towards us.

"Okay, guys." He said showing us a thick book. "This is the one I was telling you about."

"Nice to see you too." I said to him but he clearly ignored me.