Chapter 10: Fucking Feelings

Kelsey

"My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia said staring at the book and its copies on the table in front of us. We were determined to read them. Dr. Valack told Stiles and Lydia we could remember if we saw the 'doctors' by reading the book. I have no idea if I did or if they did something to me, but I was willing to read it, just in case.

We were Lydia, Stiles, Scott, Malia, Kira, Theo and I getting ready to stay all night, if it was necessary, to end with this. Liam wasn't here because he was playing video games with Mason, just having a guy's night.

"Well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations." I replied to Lydia's statement and looked at her.

"That's why Malia's here." Scott said.

"So none of us go running into traffic?"

"Or worse."

"Like what happened to Judy." Malia suddenly said making all of us look at her. She nodded at the book. "Chapter 14."

"Maybe we should have mom read it." Lydia said to me and picked up the original book off the table. "She might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone."

"Yeah, if it works." Stiles said looking down and my sister stopped staring at the book just to look at him.

"It has to."

"What's that mean?" Now, we were all looking at her confused.

"I think I saw them during my surgery." She started. "When I look at the cover of the book it's almost like..."

"A memory trying to surface." Theo said when he saw she couldn't find the words to say what she wanted to say.

"Yeah."

"Isn't that what Valack wanted when he wrote it?"

"If they did something to me, I want to know what it is." Lydia turned around and sat down with the original copy of the book in her hands. I stared at the six photocopies left. One for each person who hadn't read the book. Stiles moved and picked one up followed by Kira, Theo and Scott. There was one more copy on the table for me. I looked up and found Scott waiting for me to pick it up, so I didn't hesitate anymore. I sat down next to Lydia and started reading.

The Dread Doctors

It was going to be a long night.

After almost an hour of reading, my eyes were hurting as hell. I was halfway of ending it, but I started to go slower as I got more tired.

I sighed and turned the page, not that excited as I was when I stared reading it. I heard more sighs and turning pages. I was starting to get overwhelmed and anxious of being all quiet and not moving. I needed a coffee.

"Anyone feel anything yet?" Scott made me look up at him and I internally thanked him for interrupting our reading season. Or book club meeting, whatever this was.

"Tired." Kira answered his question as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Hungry." Lydia added without leaving the reading.

"Both." I said too before Theo looked at us incredulous.

"I think he meant the book."

"Whatever," I said getting up. It really made me have a hard time since I could feel my butt anymore. "I'll go for a coffee."

I went to Scott's kitchen connected to his living room where we were in. When I came in, Stiles and Malia both looked at me. Stiles quickly pecked Malia in the lips and left the room to go with the rest and continue reading. I noticed Malia was looking back, but not at Stiles. I filled my cup with coffee and milk before Malia turned again.