Chapter 14: Gone

Kelsey

"I'm still not okay with this plan." I whispered to Lydia and Scott as Liam and Hayden blocked the lockers room door. The objective of plan was to protect Hayden. She turned out to be a chimera, what meant the doctors were going to go after her, and 'we didn't want' her to get hurt.

I was not included in 'we'.

Then, why was I there?

Good question, anyone got an answer? 'Cause I didn't.

We were going back to telluric currents. If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we could use them to protect Hayden. And the strongest convergence besides Eichen was our high school. We were willing to stay all night if it was necessary.

Liam 'and I' convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. She was working a double that night, and she thought Hayden's staying at a friend's house.

Lydia thought that the way Valack quoted Tesla, frequency and vibration, wasn't just to sound smart. She thought maybe it was a clue to disrupt their frequency. Parrish took three cell phone jammers from the station and he thought he could broaden their range of frequency.

If it worked, we were going to catch one of them.

Now, back to me not wanting to be there.

"Kelsey, we know you don't like her, but please-"

"Why is she in the inner circle?" I cut Lydia half sentence, what just made her roll her eyes. "We haven't discussed that. Is Stiles aware of this? Does he approve-"

"Yes, he does. He's fully concerned of it." My sister cut me back. I completely preferred Mason being in the inner circle instead of that... "Now, can you please shut up and follow the plan so we can all go home happily?" It took me a second but I finally gave in.

"Okay, fine. But I'm not going to be nice to Hayden."

"We're happy as long as there's no blood." Scott said and Lydia glared at him. I turned around and made my way to Liam, who was alone since Hayden was looking for something in her bag.

"You're the best for staying here." He said as he hugged me.

"Well, it's not like I have any possibility of sneaking out." I owned a chuckle from him for that.

I smiled, closed my eyes and leaned in to give him a kiss, but he backed off. I opened my eyes and looked at him confused. Why did he pull away?

"What's wrong?" I asked him and I heard his heart beating faster.

"Nothing I just... I-I lost my balance."

He was lying.

"Okay." He pecked on the lips and pulled away from our hug. I knew he lied, not only because of his heartbeat, but because he wasn't looking at me. He knew if we locked looks it would show off.

Someone pulled me back by grabbing me by the arm. Lydia dragged me behind some lockers, where Scott was too. I looked at them waiting for an explanation, but when I saw Scott's look, I realized it was Lydia the one who wanted to tell us something.

"Is it me or is Liam not aware of the second part of the plan?"

She nodded at the chains in Scott's bag.

"I'm still not sure if there's going to be a second part." The worry in Scott's face made me took a deep breath.

"Or if it's going to work."

-

I couldn't get Liam out of my head. He pulled away when I was going to kiss him. Why? Why didn't he want to kiss me? I couldn't stop thinking about it and Liam was sticking to Hayden like the gum she put on his seat the first day of school. I should be with her too, since she already knew us and she wouldn't feel too scared if she had company, but I wasn't in the mood of abiding her.