Chapter 30: Escape from Eichen (pt. 1)

Kelsey

I hadn't heard anything for a while. It wasn't the first time I was in the dark, half of my body numbed and I was starting to thing it wouldn't be my last either. My chest started to hurt and it was getting harder to breath as the air started to lack. I couldn't tell if I was about to blackout since my sight consisted only on darkness. Not being able to contain myself, I looked for the zipper, struggling at first but finally opening it. I gasped as I took a big breath and my vision cleared out. I looked around the room, still seeing blurry, and spotted Scott who was also trying to catch his breath.

Just a second after, on the table next to me, Liam came out of his bag too, also panting for air. I got out of my bag completely and stood up, but before Liam started mimicking me Stiles fell of the table while trying to get out of his bag.

"Oh, my God." He said against the floor. "Never again." I walked up to him and help him up. We just got inside Eichen.

"Fifteen minutes." Announced Scott looking at us. "Starting now." He opened the door and waited for us to get out, but once Liam and Stiles had been gone, he stopped me. "Kels, are you okay?"

"Yeah, sure, well... I am a little nervous."

"No, I don't mean it like that." What? What did he mean then? And what was it that couldn't wait for later? "You've been irradiating a strange scent lately. Not just today, I noticed about a week ago."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about..." Shit, my heartbeat is going way to fast. But how could he know? Could he sense it? But he hadn't ever sensed it before, so how could it be?

"We'll talk about this later." He said and I nodded. "Let's get Lydia now."

-

I practically buried my face in Stiles' back when he suddenly stopped. He pushed his body as close to the wall as he could so he could hide from the two men standing at the end of the hallway.

"What are they doing there?" I asked him as I stood next to him, making sure the men couldn't see me.

"I don't know." Stiles replied astonish. "Their rounds should've ended five minutes ago."

I shared a look with Scott before my eyes lied on Liam, who had a strange expression on his face. Only God knew what he was thinking.

"I can take them." He said and I think the three of us rolled our eyes. Well, at least Stiles and I did for sure.

"No one's taking anyone." Scott told him.

"How much time?" Liam asked, not changing his mind.

"Three minutes."

"I'll just knock them out and hide the bodies." He insisted and Stiles lost his nerves.

"Oh my God..."

"Please, Liam." I held his hand trying to remind him how important this was for me. He nodded in response, finally giving up and accepting to follow the original plan. Just after I pecked him on the cheek in appreciation a sudden hit sound made us look to where it came from.

"Did you take the doctor?" The guy in the room before us looked at us confused behind the protecting glass.

"What?"

"Did you take the doctor? I haven't had my medication." He repeated. "I need ten milligrams at 8am, no more than 20 at dinner."

The two men at the end of the hallway looked at our direction and were deciding whether to come or not.