The Zachary Donovan Enigma - (31)

And finally, crappy chapter number 100! Well, not really, because theres only 31 chapters... but... yeh. Still not my best. =/

But it's the last actual chapter in the Enigma! I don't know if I should be celebrating, or crying in the corner. Its taken me almost a year to get this far...

I really wanted it to finish AWESOMELY, or good at the very least; but stupid deadlines and my unorganisedness has left it to this. so IM SORRY!! (this also applies to the previous chapter, which i have already mentioned is crappy x 99999999)

But maybe one day soon I'll get around to properly editing it and making it awesome =)

But yeah...... Enjoy the last of The Zachary Donovan Enigma!!

Chapter Thirty-One

(31)

Something forced my eye open and suddenly I was blinded by an artificially bright light. I jumped in surprise and immediately tried to throw myself out of its path, instinctively thinking the light was another demon.

Until I got caught up in come contraption that had my legs suspended over the bed, and a splitting pain erupted in my forehead. My heart thumped against my rib cage as I tried to blink back the spots on my eyes so I could see where I was, and what was happening.

Two firm hands pressed against my shoulders and forced me back down onto a bed. “Calm down,” soothed a familiar voice as I tried to blink away the light and regain my vision. Where was I? What was going on? The last thing I remembered was crashing into the ground, and then... nothing.

“Welcome back,” said the voice again and I rubbed my eyes and glanced up at the person standing over me, eventually realising it was my mum. I briefly looked around my surroundings and realised I was in a crisp white hospital room.

“Apparently you had quite a bad fall,” my mum explained, tapping the chart she was holding in her hands, “But I think you’ll survive,” she smiled as she placed the chart back at the end of the bed.

I rubbed my forehead with my knuckles, frustrated that I couldn’t remember anything else. “How did I get here?” I asked.

My mum raised an eyebrow slightly and nodded towards my right. “Maybe you should ask Zach there, he brought you in.”

My eye widened in surprise as I glanced at the visitors chair in the corner and noticed for the first time a figure sitting in it. Zach smiled sheepishly and gave a small wave and I felt a grin creeping onto my face.

“Hi,” I said softly.

“Hi,” he smiled.

I noticed my mum glancing between the two of us with mild curiosity - before readjusting the stethoscope around her neck and not-so-subtly coughing. “Well, I will leave you two to catch up. I have more demanding patients to check up on,” she interrupted. “Also, Emma dropped by and mentioned you have a long story to tell her.”

I grimaced, I guess now that it was all over it would okay to tell my best friend; but I just didn’t feel the need to tell her anymore. Not that it was like she would believe me anyway.

I decided to deal with that later...

“Make sure she doesn’t do anything stupid,” my mum told Zach, turning to leave; but just before she closed the door behind her, she glanced back at the both of us. “I’ll also have you know,” she clarified, looking pointedly at Zach, “That I’m a firm supporter of the thirty centimetre rule. Especially at work.”  And then without waiting for a reply, she left the room.