The Zachary Donovan Enigma - (19)

**********************************************************

So I'm a bad person. I said the next chapter would be up soon.. but then something unexpected happened... I found out I still had some semblence of a life. So sorry for the delay. And I know you're all excited about the afternoon with Zach, but because I'm evil, first you'll have to sit through an afternoon with Eli!! mwahahahaa.

Seriously though, why do you all hate Eli so much? He's the one you're meant to like! And Zach's the one your meant to hate. Why is it the other way around? Please tell me in the comments, I'm really curious!!!... =P

So this chapter is more sort of a filler, but there is an important thing in there... somewhere... =P Sorry it's so short too =/

************************************************************

Chapter Nineteen.

(19)

“So, what movie are we watching,” asked Eli enthusiastically as we walked through the door.

I shrugged nonchalantly and lead the way down the hall to my bedroom. “I don’t really mind.”

Today had turned out to be the perfect day for watching movies; the grey and overcast sky outside made cuddling up inside all that more enjoyable.

Please not another chick flick,” he moaned playfully, dumping his bag in the corner of my bedroom and flopping onto my bed. “I think a little part of me died when you made me watch the notebook.”

“Fine,” I laughed, pointing to the stack of DVD’s on my bookshelf. “You can choose. But not too much blood. I don’t feel like a gory movie.”

“Okay, deal,” he grinned, flipping back off the bed and staggering over to the bookshelf. He rifled briefly through my collection, and I watched on in amusement as his expressions changed from enthusiastic to confusion. “Wait a second. They’re all chick flicks!”

I burst into laughter, and Eli frowned adorably at me. It took a while for me to recover from my own joke, and after wiping a fake tear from my eye I finally responded. “Fine, there are a few others in Riley’s room,” I said reluctantly. “You can pick one while I go get changed out of this uniform.” I frowned down at the maroon polo shirt and grey skirt. Skirts usually fell into the same category as dresses - and I liked to avoid those as much as possible.

“Alright,” Eli agreed, bounding out the door. “See you soon.”

I shook my head after him and grabbed a spare change of clothes from my draw before heading down the hall to get changed; all the while trying to keep the anticipation for tomorrow afternoon with Zach at the back of my mind. I could worry and stress about that later, right now, I had a movie afternoon with Eli to focus on. Maybe I could also get some more physics study in, while I had Eli here to help me...

I locked myself in the bathroom and quickly changed into a grey singlet and denim shorts. Yes, I was just boring like that. Why did I have to dress to impress anyone? I already had the best boyfriend in the world waiting in my bedroom.

...To watch movies. Yeah I know what you were thinking. You dirty minded people!

Just before leaving the room I caught sight of my reflection in the mirror. I never bothered putting on make-up or sometimes even brushing my hair. It was such a waste of time. But after a prolonged examination of my image I decided a coat of lip-gloss wouldn’t hurt.

I turned back and rummaged through one of the counter draws until I found the only item of make-up I owned - the coconut scented lip gloss my aunt had given me for my eleventh birthday. I unscrewed the cap and gave it a sniff, regarding the tube with caution. Is it still safe after about six years of sitting in the bathroom?