Chapter 7 We're a team

Kimani POV

We started moving around the Kitchen, like it was a normal routine for us and for some reason it felt quite normal to me, like it was something that needed to happen.

"Did you mix the cunja seasoning with the goya seasoning?" I asked him

"Yeah I did, smells really good, wow can't believe It does. I would have never thought about that." He said looking from the boiling point to me and gave me a smirk.

"I told you it would, but you doubted me. Now you see and know never to doubt the great Kimani." I said joking around. I twirled and headed to the cabinet that held the plates, It was crazy how I already knew where it was. It was my first time here and it was already night time too.

"Yeah guess I learned a lesson there, can't wait for you to teach me more." He said. As I was walking to place the plates on the table. I stop walking and turned slightly around but I noticed that he was focusing on finishing the food. I didn't know why but to me it sounded like he wasn't just talking about me teaching him my cooking skills. But I pushed that thought away.

He couldn't really want me could he? Especially that way? I said placing the plates on the table.

Dean came and place the bowl in the middle of the table and went to go get the other food we made, he came back and place all the food we made.

"You did a great job" I said smiling at him, he came around the table to were I stood and pulled the chair out.

"We did it, but mostly you; I couldn't have done any of this with out you." I sat in the chair he pulled out for me and was shock that he pulled it out in the first place. Sadly it was a gesture that I wasn't use to receiving at all.

I look at him and notice that he was analyzing me, he gave me a smirk. He turned to walk and I assume he was going to sit across from me but instead he pulled a chair next to me and sat next to me.

I must have had a shock expression on my face because he asked me "What's wrong?"

I shook my head "I just didn't expect you to sit next to me.... that's all." I said giving him a small smile.

"Why is that?" he asked me.

"It's silly, It's nothing, I just didn't think that you would want to sit so close to me. Not use to it." I said twirling my fingers around each other, a nervous habit I have.

"Why wouldn't I want to?" He asked me and I felt my face heat up.

"It's just that Jacob never sat that close to me, matter of fact he sat on the other side of the table, across from me." I said sadly, I always wonder why he would do that, why he would sit so far from me.

"Well get use to it Kimy, and I am not Jacob I guarantee you that."He said and I smiled at that.

"No you aren't" I said staring at him at him as he sat next to me.

"Honestly, the food smells really good." Dean said as he pick up his fork and took some of the food bringing it to his mouth.

I waited for his reaction towards the food, I watch as his eyes went large with a shock expression.

He turned his head to look at me and said "This is AMAZING! You made this, wow this takes talent." He put some more in his mouth and started eating, I didn't know what to say. I wasn't use to getting compliments so it wasn't easy for me to react to them.