The Triathlon

After a round in the pool, I was the first to come out. I quickly wore my shoes and helmet and rode the cycle.
I was about to reach the stadium of the final task of Triathlon; running race, when someone over took my bicycle.
I was shocked, it was Shruti.
"Shit.", I cried and paddle as fast as I could. But no use, she went to far.
I reached stadium and as soon as I reached, Sid was there following me. We were running in our full speed but we were in the second and third rank. Shruti  had already reached very near to end. And when we reached near her, there she was declaring the winner of Student Of The Year competition of that year.
It was very shocking.
She turned back. She looked at me with a smile and winked at me. I was smiling at her sheepishly. Sid looked at me with a smiling face. We were panting. And that was it. We were so confused. We didn't know, that should we be happy or should we be sad.
I looked at the audience. Kriti was there witha sad face. I smiled at her but she didn't smile back.
We were asked to go to the dressing room and get dressed for the declaration.
We guys went in the guys' dressing room. And the girls went in girls' dressing room.
When I was ready a guy came and said, "Sir, someone is waiting for you, outside."
I went out.
It was Kriti.
"There you go.", Kriti gave me my phone. But she was very sad.
"Common, Kriti. It is just a competition. And I just have got the biggest victory of my life. I just got you and your love. That's all I want.", I said and hugged her trying to cheer her up.
She smiled at me.
We were soon in the hall with all our parents.
"So the Student Of The Year is Shruti Pathak.", the principal shouted. Have to say that Dean is too loud. We all applauded for her. I was slightly somewhere in my heart happy, happy for her success. Maybe because we were good friends in the past. Though, she never took me as a good friend.
The competition and everything was over.
We all went out.
Suddenly, Arjun wrapped his arms around my shoulders and tried to chock me.
"So bro, you did it all because I would leave Kriti? You loved her from the beginning. Right?", Arjun said.
But now I was no more afraid. I pushed him and said.
"Yes, I loved her from the beginning. And I still love her and will always love her no matter what. I'm not like you who see's a girl and just could do anything to get her even if it's against her will. And when you find some other girl...", I yelled and was about to yell more when Priyanka pressed my shoulder trying to stop me.
"Bro, calm down.", Arjun came to me giggling.
"I was just kidding.", he said.
I kept glaring at him when suddenly Kriti came infront of me. I didn't look at her and kept starring at Arjun, when Kriti slowly covered my eyes with her right hand.
"Stop glaring.", she whishpered. And hugged me.
"Anyways, guys I would like to invite you to Priyanka's and my engagement.", Arjun shouted and I was about to get faint.
Everything paused for a moment.
"What? How? Where? When? Priyanka! You did this disaster.", Sid shouted.
"Priyanka, but...", I said when she interrupted me.
"Common guys, I got to knew Arjun in this one week and realised he is a very good guy.", Priyanka said.
"But, Priyanka what about your commitment of remaining independent and not marrying anyone?", Sid shouted.
"Sid, love changes everything.", Priyanka said looking at Arjun.
"But, so fast? How?", I asked.
"First three days we got closer and felt for eachother. Fourth day Arjun took me to a date and proposed me. Fifth day I took Arjun to Delhi to meet my mom and Dad. Sixth day I had to make my mom and dad convinced. Seventh day our engagement was fixed. And also I told him all about our plan.", Priyanka said and we all partly fell down.
"And I am very thankfull to Varun and Sid for planning these all. 'Cause if you wouldn't then I wouldn't have fallen so deeply in love with her.", Arjun said and smiled and we all laughed.
We finally went for a huge group hug. And this was it. We now were a concrete team. Nobody could ever break us.
It didn't matter us a lot about the competition. Whoever won it deserved it, so she won. It wasn't like we had made her win. She may have worked very hard and won.
But the main thing was that now we all were happy and completely satisfied.

WRITER'S NOTE:-
Hey guys!
So this was the climax. But still epilogue is yet to be read by you all.
Hope you liked it.
Bye! xx