She Was Fine

But Then I realised that I had my own car. Wasting no time, I surrounded my one hand around Kriti's shoulders and the other around her knees and carried her up. I rushed towards the car, opened the passenger front door and made her sit, though she was unconscious, put on her seat belts and went to the other side of the car slamming Kriti's door. I sat on the driver's seat and keyed the car as soon as possible. I drove to the nearest hospital I knew. After 10 minutes, we reached the hospital. I parked the car in a pace, got out and brought Kriti out too. Carrying her in the same way as before I rushed in the hospital. As soon as I entered the gate, I looked here and there. A man came and looked at Kriti and said, "No need to worry. Nothing happened. She is just unconscious. She will be fine in minutes." Then I realised that the man was a doctor. A kind of small smile appeared in my face. The doctor asked me to follow him. I did. He went upstairs. Well, that honestly was difficult, due to Kriti's heavy weight. She seems to be lean and thin, but her excess eating made her over weighted. Though I ignored the pain in my arms and continued. Finally reaching the third floor of the building, the doctor took a turn and walked across the corridor. I followed him. Honestly, the smell of every hospital is the same. The doctor entered a room. There were lots of patient. He asked me to, let Kriti lay down on a bed that was near an old man's bed, who nearly looked dead. I said the doctor slowly, "Umm. Can't we take a personal cabin for her?"
"Well, yes. But it is going to take just a minute. Why should you get a personal cabin for a minute. And anyways the cabins in this hospital are rented only day wise, not minute wise.", the doctor replied in a calm voice.
"I will manage the expenses for a day. But a personal cabin sir."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. Completely."
"As you wish.", the doctor smiled.
Kriti was taken to a cabin. I waited in the corridor, sitting on the bench, though the doctor said that I could stay inside. The doctor went away after calling a nurse who was actually doing Kriti's treatment. Five minutes had passed already. I felt like chocking the doctor. He said that it would take just a minute. Well now that is multiplied with five. After three more minutes, the nurse came out. And behind her there was Kriti smiling and coming out on her own feet. I could see just a band aid on her forehead. I stood up with no expression.
The nurse came to me and said with a smile, "You can do your payment down, in the reception.", and she went away.
Kriti waited behind the nurse untill she finihed her statement and went away.
She came closer to me. I smiled seeing her smiling.
But suddenly the smile dissappeared. "Are you nuts.", she frowned. My smile too faded away.
"What? But why?", I said suprised.
"The nurse told me everything."
"What? What did I do?"
"Why did you rent a big cabin for me, ?"
"I wanted you to rest in peace."
"What?"
"I meant I wanted you to get a luxurious treatment."
She smacked my head against the wall, with her four long fingers of her right hand, and smiled.
I smiled again.
"I'm glad that you are fine."
"I knew cause, the truck hit me so lightly, as if some baby had pushed me back. But then I fell down and as my head hit the pitched road, it got a cut. That's it."
I had nothing to say.
"Let's go.", I said.
She followed me as I walked. Suddenly I saw something that, increased my temper to a high level. I saw that there was a working lift. Though the doctor brought me from stairs. I wanted to kill that doctor. Who in the world ever employed a person, who would make a person patient in seconds, who was totally fine.
But then, I felt a jerk from behind. I looked back and Kriti was looking at me with roud eyes though with an innocent expression. She shaked her head up, asking what had happened. I understood her question and shaking my head left to right, I signalled her 'Nothing', with a smile. We walked towards the lift. The lift's door opened and two men came out. We entered the lift. It was empty. After 15 seconds approximately, we reached the ground floor. I went towards the reception, Kriti followed me. I did the payment.
"You're a very lucky girl.", a harsh but known voice came from the behind. We both turned back. It was the same doctor. She looked at me. I ignored her and smiled at the doctor. Seeing me smile at the doctor Kriti too turned back to the doctor and smiled.
The doctor repeated, "You're a very lucky girl to have such a good husband."
I blushed but she didn't. "He is not my husband.", she said.
"Boyfriend?", the doctor asked.
"Umm. No just a friend.", she said.
That kinda broke my heart. I don't wanna be remained to her as 'Just Friend', for whole my life.
We silently walked towards the parking lot got into the car. I drived towards the college. I looked at the watch, it was 11:45 P.M.

Writer's Note:-
Sorry friends to update a bit late. Though can't promise that will be regular. Hope you like this chapter.