That Girl In My Mind

As I started walking away from the cafeteria, I stopped because I saw Jeet running towards me, making a face as if he is going to cut me into pieces. Finally, he reached me. Seeing his face I asked him what has happened.
"Alia an.." he stopped and took continuos deep breathes for 10 seconds which seemed to me like ages when I realised he was trying to say something about Alia.
"Common Jeet fast!" I said him restlessly.
He kept on panting. So I took him to the corridor railing and asked him to sit on it.
"Now say." I again pleaded him to say the matter.
He took a deep breath and continued, "Alia and Sid I saw them quarrelling like wild animals."
I felt like pushing Jeet, and mirdering him.
"Common man, they are couple and that often happens between love birds."
Jeet looked at me with big eyes and said, "What? Are you kidding?"
"Why would I?"
"Like really? Love Birds?", Jeet said making a weird move with his index and middle finger, and also with a weird face.
"Yes, aren't they?"
"I meant, yes of course they are. But I can't believe that you are saying them The Love Birds.", Jeet said strecthing the phrase - 'The Love Birds'.
"Why? Can't I?" I actually knew what he meant. But all because we were long ago in relationship, can't I move on!
"No!" As he said I looked at him with a dirty face, although I didn't had any bad thoughts against him. He again continued, "I meant...", he took a pause and again continued, "Ok, I've got no problem."
I gave him a smile.
"But do you realize?"
"What?", I got confused.
"Common man, may be Alia and Sid are breaking up."
"Really?"
Jeet nodded curiosly waiting for my reaction, which actually was normal.
"Good for you."
"What? You really don't care?"
"Why the hell would I care?"
"Common you've got a chance to prove yourself that you are only the best for Alia."
"I don't need to get a chance to prove my love. I loved her the most. But she didn't. She felt for some other guy whom actually she didn't even knew since a year."
"But don't you want to get her back?"
I thought for a while. Jeet was looking at me with anxiety. But as I started thinking all I had in my mind was Kriti. And I realised that I didn't had any feelings for Alia anymore. I felt like I was falling for Kriti. And wasting no time I replied Jeet, "No. I don't love her now."
"What? Seriously?"
"Yes."
"Common you have a chance to win her heart now."
"I don't need to win it. And common your name is 'Jeet' so you win it." (Jeet means Victory in Hindi)
"Stop cracking jokes. She's my sister-in-law.", Jeet said, as he patted my shoulders.
You couldn't win her even she wasn't your sister-in-law, I thought. And then realised the word 'sister-in-law'.
"Wait, what? Sister-in-law? Sid is your f*cking brother?" I said totally in shock.
"You must be kidding. He is not my brother, bro. You are."
"And Alia isn't my wife."
"I meant future sister-in-law."
"Not even future's."
"Common I can't believe it. You really have lost feelings for her."
"Was I speaking to a dog since then?"
"What? What does it mean, now?"
"I am telling you since the last half-an-hour that I don't love Alia. So what were you listening then?"
"I thought you got frustated, and were just saying it for your relief."
"Ok, so now make it clear I don't love Alia. Man, I don't even like her."
"Ok fone don't get frustated."
We ended the conversation and walked to the parking lot and took my car all over the city roaming around. Finally it was evening, Jeet and I went to a bar and drank beer and ate pizzas in Domimo's and retured to hostel. As to avoid the alcoholic smell coming out from our mouth, we ate mouth freshening minty chewing gum and entered our hostel. I changed my dres and directly went to bed.
Then I started wondering about the cafeteria. Her giggle just flashed in my mind as a gif flashing in an iPhone screen. I blushed out thinking about her. And shaked my body in such a way that if I would shake it a second more, the bed I was lying on would break down. Then I realized something kind of happiness inside me that I never felt before. I started thinking - How can a human be so beautiful? Are you nuts, Varun? Human are the once who have pretty looks even when they get old. But so beautiful, man, how? What's your problem, Varun? Do you want to be beautiful like her, so you are so curious to know, how? Anyways, I had never seen such a pretty face in my entire life. Shut up, idiot! Are you trying to insult your mom? No I just meant that 'anyone' besides my mom. Well, not only pretty looks but she's got a unique personality, attitude and behaviour. She is not like those 'Rich Daddy's Princess' type of girl who have a totally proudness filled heart. I just realized it today. I think I'm in love. I think I should confess it. Tommorow? But I don't want a relationship that is made in china, I just know her since not even a complete day. Fine let me take some more time.
And steadily I felt asleep.