Results

I drove back to the hostel and now it was finally the time of announcement of the results of IQ test. I reached the college thinking; How would Priyanka look like, if her looks could change Arjun's mind? Would she ever help me?
Thinking these and other things I reached the college in scorching heat of the sun. As I came out of the car, my body was burning as if I had jumped into a frying pan.
Gosh! Too much global warming! Even in Dehrahdun is this freaking hot then how would be Delhi and Kolkata? I became a kinda earth-protective guy for a moment.
I rushed to Jeet, in my room.
"Hey, how was your date?", Jeet said as soon as I entered the room.
"Bro, that wasn't a date.", I cleared Jeet.
"Anyways how was it?", he asked having a big chunky chip inside his mouth.
"Uh. There was Arjun. I guess, you know. Then how possibly can it be good?", I made an annoyed face.
He laughed with open mouth showing salivas and crunched pieces of chip in it, which was really very disgusting.
"Shut your mouth, Jeet.", I gently said with an irritated face.
"Have some.", Jeet threw a packet of chips to me.
I had some of those yummy chips and went to my guitar. I practised for an hour and half.
It was time for the results to be out. Dean had asked us all to be present in the hall.
"Good Morning, Dean.", we all greeted him as he entered the hall.
"Good Morning, students.", he smiled at us. "So are you all ready?", he continued with an excited voice.
"Yes, sir.", we said in a synced voice.
"These are the results in my hand.", he showed up an envelope with St. Teresa's logo and theme.
We clapped.
He opened the envelope and took out a card which had the results. Ofcourse the behind of it had the same theme and logo as the envelope had.
He took a deep breath, "So the names are here. Only 16 of you are selected. And I'm sorry to say but only 5 of the freshers have made up to the 1st round."
And all the freshers went to a big depression.
I smiled at those poor people. Afterall the 2nd year had got one more chance to win the Student Of The Year competition, how would they let it go!
Dean continued, "Let me announce the names. The student in the 16th position is Raj Daruwala"
Everybody clapped. The guy was a fresher.
"15th is Neha Paul.", Dean said followed by claps. She two was a fresher.
"14th is Sumit Grover."
"13th is Varun Dhawan.", I heard my name and started jumping. All my friends were happy. I already mentioned that my IQ test didn't go well.
"12th is Alia Bhatt.", we all clapped for her and she was happy.
"11th is Sana Saed.", Jeet and Sana hugged as soon as they heard Sana's name and same, we all clapped.
"10th is Ravi Sood."
"9th is Sidharth Malhotra.", had to say love had distracted him. He was 6 positions down.
"8th is Saurav Rajput."
"7th is Bobby Khanna."
"6th is Aishwarya R. Iyer."
"5th is Shiv Sharma."
"4th is Nil Kapoor."
"3rd is Ahmad Khan."
"2nd is Lucky Singh." And we jumped again 'cause it was oir friend's name.
"And the final student to pass out with the highest rank is...", Dean stopped and looked at the result card as if it was a criminal. He looked back at us with a smile and shouted, "is Jeet Khurrana."
We all jumped, but not with happiness but we were shocked.
Seriously? Was his 'Jai Mata Di' really working? He was 1st even the last time! I thought.
But we were sad too. Sudo wasn
wasn't selected. And we wondered, Why?
We went outside the hall and there was Dean. Sudo was as upset as he was in the day of final results of previous Student Of The Year.
"Sudo, my friend.", Dean came to him.
I looked at Sudo, I felt like Sudo could've punched Dean on his face.
"Remember that day? The Student Of The Year declaration day? Guess you do.", he smile and continued, "And thats why you have been disqualified.", Dean's smiling face turned to an angry one.
I felt it was unfair.
"Sir, but it is unfair. You can't do politics here. Sudo is a great student. You can't disqualify him until the management legally terminates him from the competition.", I said as polite as I could.
"Mr. Dhawan, so you want a legal notice.", he looked at me with a cunning smile and I turned red with anger.
"Yes.", I said. Sid, Alia, Jeet, Sana and Lucky were looking surrounding us.
"Here you go.", he handed over Sudo an envelope and went away giggling irritatingly.
Sudo tore the envelope and pushed us walking to his room. We followed him but when he reached his room he shut the door on our face getting in.
"Hey bud, open the door, man. Where will I go?", Lucky said with a sad face, as he was Sudo's roommate.
I put a hand on Lucky's shoulder.
"I think we should leave him alone.", Sid said and we went to the café.
We just talked, had a cup of coffee each and left.
As we went out Sid said, "Hey bro, Priyanka called us in Cafe Coffee Day. I think we should go and meet her. It's already late."
"Yeah.", I smiled.
"Have you told her the matter.", I asked him again.
"Yeah a little bit of it. You can explain her when you meet.", he said.
I smiled. As we were about to head to the parking lot, Alia stopped us.
"I'm going along.", Alia said folding her hands and glaring at Sid.
"But, Alia...", Sid was about to say.
"No, its and buts anymore.", Alia said, and I burst out laughing.
Even Sid started giggling and ended up laughing. We were literally laughing like hell. All because the word 'buts' made a wrong sense to Sid and my dirty minds.
"Fine.", Sid said controlling his laugh.
As we were on the way, Alia asked, "Why did you laugh, by the way? What was so funny?"
And we giggled looking at eachother. Sid didn't reply, nor did I.
We reached CCD and went inside.
"There she is.", Sid pointed and I turned to the direction where Sid pointed.

WRITER'S NOTE:-
Hey guys! Pretty late, again! I know. But I was busy on 24th as it was VD's birthday. 25th and 26th, I literally wanted to take a break.
Hope you guys liked the chappy! Bye!
Love you all! xx