Proposing Kriti

There she was in a white dress. She waved at me. I waved at her back and drove the car near her.
"You look like a princess.", I said starring at her from up to down.
"Thank you.", she said and smiled.
I smiled back.
"You look like a prince too.", she smiled.
"Thank you.", I smiled back.
I was wearing a black suit with black pants and white shirt with a black bow-tie.
I opened the car's door for her. She got in. I drove her to the 'Samyun Restaurant', where Priyanka, Sid, Alia, Jeet, Sana, Sudo and Lucky were waiting for us. I had planned a party for now a lot of problem were solved.
We reached there.
I got off the car and she too came out. I gave the keys to the security so that he could park my car.
"Good evening, sir. Good evening, ma'am.", the guy at the gate in uniform greeted us.
We got in the restaurant and saw that everyone were there waiting for us. They saw us and rushed to us.
"Everything is ready.", Jeet winked at me.
"Thanks guys. And special thanks to Priyanka and Sid. If you weren't there, this could have been so difficult.", Priyanka smiled and Sid hugged me.
Suddenly there was a buzz. It was a call, but in Priyanka's phone.
She recieved the call.
"Hello. Who?", Priyanka asked the caller. It seemed like the call was from an unknown number.
"Oh. You. Yes say.", Priyanka replied after the caller may have introduced him/herself.
She said again, "Yes, ofcourse I remember you. You are that guy in the talent round, isn't it?"
And we all burst into laugh. It was Arjun.
But to prevent Arjun from hearing out laugh, Priyanka gestured us to keep quiet.
So we left her alone and let her talk to Arjun and went to bar.
"There is a special surprise for you today.", I said her.
"Really?.", she said giggling.
We had few drinks. And finally, I thought it was time. I brought out the same ring that I had brought for her on our 'first kiss' date.
I kneeled down and that's when I got everyone's attention along with Kriti.
"Kriti, remember this ring?", I showed her the ring when she covered her mouth with her hands.
She nodded.
"Well, then, today, when we are free with no more obstacles, I would like to ask you something.", I paused and started again, "Kriti, will you marry me?"
I could see her eyes were twinkling due to tears and saw a tear roll down.
She nodded.
She removed her tears with her handkerchief and brought her hand infront. I could see no any ring like before. She had Arjun's ring but now her hand was ready to have my ring attached to it.
I slid the ring in her ring finger.
As I put her the ring, she tightly hugged me. Everyone clapped.
It was a long hug.
"So now, let's celebrate.", Sid shouted.
"There you go.", Alia said when a huge chocolate cake came.
"Hey, that one.", Kriti jumped. It was the same huge chocolate cake that Kriti and I used to have in our college's cafeteria.
We cut the cake.
Jeet, Sudo and Lucky had cake fight. And we made sure that the cake wouldn't spoil our dressings.
And when we were full, there was buzz, and again it was Priyanka's phone buzzing.
Priyanka looked at her phone and rolled her eyes, "24th call by that jerk."
We all burst into laugh.
She recieved the call. And when she came back, "Have some water. You must be tired of receiving 24 calls by same person in just 2 hours.", Sid teased and we laughed again.
"Anyways, what does he talk about?.", I asked suspiciously.
"Nothing. Just 'how are you', 'where are you', 'do you need help' and all.", Priyanka gave a shy.
"Well he is truely in...", Sid was about to say when Priyanka pumched Sid's shoulder.
"Shut up.", Priyanka said.
And we giggled.
"Say honestly. You too like him, isn
isn't it it?", Sid said.
"Shut up, man. It hasn't been a day we've met and have talked just since an hour. How is it possible?", Priyanka yelled.
"I can she you blushing.", I tried to tease and Kriti punched me defending Priyanka.
"Well, it is called 'Love at first sight', dear.", Sid said as if he was a father in a church.
"Yes, love guru, Sid.", Priyanka joined her hands and rolled her eyes.
We all burst into laugh.
That was an amazing day.
We went to our hostel dropping Priyanka at her home and Kriti at her hotel.
There was just a week now for the finals. The 'triathlon'.
We all started preparing. Kriti felt that she could distract me so she snatched my phone and said that she would meet me directly in finals.
That was quite unfair. I couldn't practise all the time for the competition.

5 minute before the triathlon:-
"Bro, best of luck.", I wished Sid.
"Same to you.", Sid smiled.
Everyone was so prepared.
"Bro, best of luck.", I wished Jeet.
"Varun, best of luck.", someone tapped me on my shoulder. I turned back. It was Alia. I smiled at her.
"Same to you.", I said and she smiled back.
"Best of luck.", Sana hugged me.
"Thanks. Same to you.",  I said.
And then I saw someone who blew my mind.
It was Shruti. She looked at me, as if I had killed her in the previous life. And then I went angry when she showed me thumbs-down.
I wanted to push her into the pool but controlled myself.
And the triathlon was about yo start.
Sid, Jeet, Alia, Sana and I made a circle.
"Guys, even if we win or we lose, we will always remain friends.", Sid said.
We all smiled and gave a group hug. And there was Sudo and Lucky joining us, which made our group so complete.
We took our positions.
"On your marks? Get, set.", Deen said and suddenly there was a loud gun fire.
We all dived into the pool at once.

WRITER'S NOTE:-
Hey guys!
Hope you liked the chapter.
Love you all!
Bye! xx