Calling Kriti

I didn't find Kriti anywhere. After attending my third lecture. I looked at the watch it was already 3:10 PM. I remembered that Alia had called me. But I really didn't care. I just wanted to meet Kriti. I didn't see her since yesterday night.
That somehow I felt awkward, that I just had spent two to three days with Kriti, and I was so close to her. Maybe that was because, I gave her all of time since I met her.
I looked around and my eyes struck on a girl. She was actually Kriti's closest friend in the school. She was going somewhere. Nobody was near her, so I thought this would be a better time to enquire.
I ran to her to ask what had happened. I never had spoken to her, though this time I felt it necessary to. I didn't know even her name.
"Hi.", I said, as I went near her.
She whipped to see who I was. When she realised it was me, she replied with a smile, "Hi."
"Umm. I guess you are the closest friend of Kriti in this school, aren't you?", I asked even though I knew it.
"Yup.", she said and kept on walking, and I walked along with her.
"Oh. So do you know where is she right now?", I asked curiously.
"I am her friend not secretary.", she said rudely. And I thought that was mean.
"Oh sorry. Though, where is she today? I can't find her anywhere.", I said, trying to ignore her rude way of speaking to me.
"Uh, yeah. I too can't see her anywhere today. But I'm sorry, I don't know where has she gone.", she said in totally soft voice.
I felt that it was a little bit confusing. Was she suffering from some disease related to mood swings.
I was about to leave her when she started again, "Um, but you may take her phone number."
"Oh thanks, what is it?", I said immediately taking my phone out of the pocket.
It was quite weird that I had spent so much time with Kriti, but still I never got her phone no.
"Wait a minute, why do you need it? I cannot give her phone number to a stranger.", she said, which made me feel so irritated.
Still I controlled my frustration and said, "She is my friend. I know her very well."
"If you are her friend, why don't you have her number?", she asked. I was clueless.
I thought for a couple of second.
"Oh, it was deleted from my phone.", I lied.
"Are you sure?", she asked me with narrow eyes.
"Yeah!", I lied again.
"OK, it's **********.", she gave me her.
"Thank you so much.", I said her as if I was a beggar and she had given me a ten rupees' note.
"OK, but I must not get any complain from her.", she said. And I felt like she was acting actually like Kriti's secretary at that time.
I immediately called her. She didn't receive my first call. But as soon as I called her the other time, she received it.
Kriti: Hello?
Me: Hey Kriti.
Kriti: Who?
(I broke down when she didn't recognize my voice.)
Me: Um, it's me Varun.
Kriti: OMG! Varun? Yes? I'm sorry I couldn't recognize your voice.
Me: It's OK. (Though, it wasn't.)