12 - Frustrated

I wake up in the morning because of some voices I hear in the living room. 

Shit! Is that Lim? 

It is him. I open the door wide and they don't even seem to notice my presence. 

"Don't worry!" She is saying and then it happens. They kiss. My heart drops again, for the nth time this week. 

This is not gonna happen in my house. I cleared my throat and they both look at me, annoyed. "Great timing, Mark," the jerk says sarcastically, glaring at me. "What do you need?" 

My eyes scan the sofa immediately, trying to look for a reason I interrupted them. "You're sitting on the remote," I say, pointing at the black thing just under Allyson. I pushed her away from the guy and grabbed the remote. 

I want to laugh at their expressions right now, but I try to look serious. I look at Allyson and she still looks flustered, her cheeks red but I know she's also pissed. 

"Don't you have anything better to do than sit here and watch TV?" The ass asks again. 

I sit on the sofa beside Allyson. "Nope," I answer, intending to make him angrier. Maybe he would leave. I put my feet up on the table, showing them I won't be going anywhere. 

The jerk that he is, he stands up and pulls Allyson to her feet. "Let's just go to my place."

"She can't," I tell him, almost too quickly.

"And why not?"

"She's still sick," I simply answer without looking up at them. 

She looks at me with disbelief in her face and goes to her room. Like a scolded child being told by her father to stay in her room. But then, she comes back out with her bag. 

Seriously? As if nothing of the past days happen, she pulls Al behind her and they go out the apartment. 

Did I just waste my time taking care of her just to be dismissed like this? I, at least, expected her to listen and just stay in the house since she's still recovering. 

Damn this girl!

"AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!! Why does it have to be you, Allyson!" I shout in frustration. 

One minute she's all too grateful for my help, then she forgets everything and follows that jerk the next. FUCK this bet. I throw the remote at the wall and go to my room to get my phone. 

"Youngjae," I say as soon as the other line answers. 

"Mark! What?" I hear somebody else with him. I'm guessing it's a girl JB and him picked up last night from the bar they went to after they left the apartment. 

"I need you to follow them again."

"What?" He exclaims. "But..." then I hear him whisper at the girl, "wait. I'm talking to my friend." 

"Busy?" I chuckle. 

"Yes."

"Fine!" I scowl. "But, if I lose this bet, I'm taking your car." I threaten him. 

"Mark! UGH!!!!" He shouts. But, "I'll be out in a few." That's more like it. I smile. "Where are they going anyway?" 

"His house."

"What? You want me to break in?" He asks in disbelief. 

"Do what you always do, FRIEND." I stress the last word, just to remind him that we're actually that close. 

"You owe me again, FRIEND." He also says. 

I take a shower after that and head out. I received a call from my sister last night and she told me dad is already almost out of meds. Although he has an insurance, that still doesn't cover all his medical expenses. So, I go to the bank and wire her the money.