25 - What The.....??????

He what? Did he just say he likes me? 

"I like you, Allyson Gale Miller. I like you a lot!"

I can't feel my heart anymore as it jumps out of my chest. Suddenly everything in the room disappears. Mark's face leaning closer to mine is the only thing I see. 

I can't explain what I'm feeling right now. 'Happy' is too weak of a word. 'Ecstatic' maybe? Or even more than that. I don't know. A single tear escapes my eye and I feel my lips turn up. 

He comes even closer and I can't breathe. 

Al, you've kissed him before. What's the big deal? 

But this is different. He said he likes me. 

I close my eyes and wait for his lips to touch mine. And it does. I open my mouth and kiss him back, letting his tongue slip in my dry mouth. Unlike our past kisses, this one is much more delicate - softer, with feelings. My hand goes to his nape, pulling him closer and deepening the kiss - if that's even possible. 

"I like you." He whispers again before coming back to my waiting lips. 

Then he stops kissing me as his lips leave mine, going to my side. I slowly open my eyes. FUCK! He's completely passed out on top of me, his head resting on the pillow just above my right shoulder. 

What the....?????? 

A chuckle leaves my mouth as I laugh at this quite ironic situation. Just when I thought this is gonna be it....he passes out. 

I gently push him from on top of me to my side, still laughing silently. 

The bliss I'm feeling doesn't leave me even as I lay beside him. It's the first time I am sleeping in his room and I'm already getting addicted to the smell of his sheets. All the past girls might have felt the same that's why they always come back for more. 

"I like you, Allyson Gale Miller. I like you a lot!"  His confession from earlier echoes in my mind as I close my eyes and enter dreamland. 

____

I open my eyes to see Mark sleeping soundly beside me. I smile at how peaceful he is like this. 

I feel butterflies making a ruckus in my stomach when I remember what he just said last night. I giggle silently. Damn! He likes me. I feel like jumping and shouting, instead, I opt on biting the blanket to muffle my scream. 

My sudden movements might have woken him up. "Al?" 

Al? I thought he wants to call me Gale. "Hm?" I say, turning my head to face him. 

"What are you doing in my room?" He furrows his brows at me, clearly surprised to see me on his bed. 

"Huh?"

"Holy crap!" He puts his palm on his forehead. "Was I that drunk?"

Wait...he doesn't remember? "Y...yes.." I stammer since I don't know if I should ask him about what he said last night or not. 

"Damn it!" He tries to get up but he goes back down, groaning, using both hands to massage his temples. He then faces me, "Did I?..." He looks under the blanket then back at me. "I didn't...did I?" 

I shake my head slowly, knowing he's asking if we had sex or not. But, that's not the question here. Does he remember telling me he likes me?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asks, noticing my blank expression. "Did I say something stupid again? If I did...I'm sorry...I didn't mean it. I was drunk." He pouts. "You understand, right?" He pinches my cheek and pouts even more.