6 - The Battle Begins

"The bet's on?" YG asks during practice. 

"Yup!" I told them, raising my eyebrows, not knowing what to do. 

"You gotta change your ways, Mark. This badboy player image is not working at all." It's the most senseful, fuckless - if these words even exist - thing JB has said in a long time. 

"She wants a gentleman," Jackson sings. 

"Gentleman, my ass." I comment. 

"You have to listen to us for once, Mark." Bam interjects, talking as if he's got experience. 

I just blink at him. 

"I know I don't sleep around like you guys," he continues. "But, I date."

"So where are you going at?" I ask him.

"Girls like her want to feel special." 

"Yeah...like bang her like there's no tomorrow." And, JB's back! We all laugh. 

"What I mean is," Bam rolls his eyes at JB then turns his gaze back to me, "Treat her like a princess."

"Too cheesy!" I smirk. 

"Cheesy but effective." He argues. "She doesn't like you because you treat all girls the same way."

Junior chuckles, "because they're all the same." 

"Can you just listen to him," YG defends Bam, turning to him and nodding for Bam to continue. 

"Ok. What do I do then," I sigh. I don't have any clue on what to do anyway. Might as well try this young boy's suggestion. 

"Start by taking her to work. Or picking her up from work." 

"That's too far-fetched, Bam." I furrow my brows at him. "Her workplace is out of the way."

"That's when she sees your sincerity and effort." He widens his eyes at me, saying it matter-of-factly. 

"Right!" Everybody turns to Youngjae because of her high-pitched annoying voice. "We have this audition on Friday. We'd pass by her school. You can try it then."

"Audition?" I swear this guy knows everything. I look at the guys and they also seem like they don't have any idea. 

"JYP is gonna let us audition for this competition in December. He says it would be our first step. I think he's planning to let us debut on TV soon." He says, rubbing her hands together in excitement. 

"And I don't know this...why?" JB knits his brows. As the leader of the group, he should be the first to know things regarding the crew.

Youngjae just shrugs his shoulders. 

____

I meet up with Ashlie for a few drinks on Thursday. It's high time I ask a girl's opinion on this. Bam has a point, but I don't have any fuckin' clue on how to be a 'Gentleman'. 

Ashlie's laugh reverberates around the bar when I told her about the bet. "You freakin' fuck boy. You've been with many different girls and you're having a hard time getting this one?" I'm starting to get pissed off cause she won't stop laughing. "Where did the cool Mark go?" 

"Shut up!" I sneer. 

"Ok." Her laughter becomes snickers then they quiet down completely. "This girl....Allyson. You say she plays in my club? Why'd I never meet her?" 

"I don't know," I tell her. "Maybe because you're too busy flirting in other clubs, I guess." 

"Right," she giggles. "Anyway, I don't think I can give you much advice. Based on how you described her, we're totally opposites. We have different tastes."