25 - It's What Friends Are For

"I like you, Allyson Gale Miller. I like you a lot."

I lean closer to her and she welcomes my lips. I slip my tongue in her mouth, moving my lips in sync with hers. Her hand goes to my nape and she pulls me even closer. 

"I like you." I whisper again. 

I open my eyes when I feel the bed move. The very first thing I see is the side of Allyson's face. She's biting the blanket and has a silly grin on her face. She looks really cute, though. "Al?"

"Hm?" She turns, as if surprised. 

"What are you doing in my room?" I ask, trying to remember how I even got home. The last thing I recall is that the boys and I are having a round at the beer pong table. I furrow my brows when I feel my head aching. 

"Huh?" She looks stunned at my question. 

"Holy crap! Was I that drunk?" I ask, putting my hand on my forehead. I lay my head on the pillow and backtrack everything from since this morning, but nothing is coming up. 

"Y...yes..." she stammers. 

I try to get up, but the throbbing of my temples pulls me back to the bed. "Damn it!" I groan, massaging my aching head. If she's here...and I was drunk....then did I...? FUCK! I turn to face her. "Did I...?" I look under the blanket then back at her. Phew.... "I didn't...did I?" I still ask her even if I just saw that we're both fully clothed. 

She shakes her head, but her cheeks are a bit reddish again. She stares at me and it looks like she wants to saying something but couldn't. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask, "Did I say something stupid again?" It's possible since I was the stupidest person last night. I want to hit myself, remembering how I couldn't even tell her I like her. "If I did.. I'm sorry...I didn't mean it." I say. "I was drunk. You understand, right?" I pinch her cheeks and pout. 

She doesn't answer, she just stares back at me. 

"Hey," I poke her cheek. Feeling a bit scared. What if I said ridiculous things again? Just like what I did back in the hotel in Wando? "Did I say anything to make you angry again?" I ask, biting my lips in nervousness. 

"N...no," she shakes her head. She then gets up and leaves my room without another word. 

Did we just sleep? Did she perhaps carry me here? No...I don't think that's possible. Even if she's tall, she couldn't possibly do it with her very slender physique. She looks so fragile...like the stem of a wine glass. 

"I like you, Allyson Gale Miller. I like you a lot."  

Wait...Did I say that? Or was it just a dream? 

I quickly get off the bed and knock on her door. "Hey, Allyson." 

How would I ask her? 

"Yeah?" She opens even before I can think of a way.

"Thanks," I look down at my feet, feeling stupid yet again. 

"For what?" she asks.

"I don't know what I did last night. But, thanks for putting up with me." I look up at her. This is it. "Are you sure I didn't say anything?"

Stupid....Why can't I just say it? 

"N...no..." she stammers, shaking her head and smiling. "You just passed out on the floor." She points at the door. 

Did I seriously pass out? SHIT. That would be embarrassing. 

"Oh..Thanks." I turn around and head to my room.